Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dozer

Recycling

6 posts in this topic

I live in a condo and we do not have recycling (yet) with our contracted garbage company. I refuse to throw out anything that is recyclable. Most bottles and paper I have no problem finding a place to recycle (the grocery store, even the Brown University campus, which has barrels for all sorts of recyclables). However, I have some larger things like milk and detergent bottles, as well as cans, that I can't find a place to recycle them. I would be happy if someone knew of a place in Providence where I could collect all my recyclable goods and drop them off maybe once a week or so. I would even do it for the whole condo association (there are only 5 residential units and an office) if it wasn't such a hassle now.

Thanks.

-Bob

You could get recycling bins and just arrange to leave them in front of a neighbor's house. That's what we do at work.

You could also just dump the stuff in someone else's recycling bin on trash night.

You could also just dump the stuff in someone else's recycling bin on trash night.

People steal my recycling bins.. I'm down to a spot few for residents and none for me.. We use make-shift big tupperware like things to recycle.. Does anyone know where I can get these? Are they free?

People steal my recycling bins.. I'm down to a spot few for residents and none for me.. We use make-shift big tupperware like things to recycle.. Does anyone know where I can get these? Are they free?

I just throw my recyclables in the river. Gives something for the fish to play with.