Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tSlater

Aqua

7 posts in this topic

Aqua_Chicago.jpg

Construction has already started. 82 Floors, 822 feet.

The design is.. unique. Thoughts?

I like it. It looks like Godzilla got a hold of it though. Is this located on Columbus (looks like the Blue Cross Blue Shield building is in the background)?

The design firm is Studio Gang, one of the hot firms in Chicago right now.

I like it. It looks like Godzilla got a hold of it though. Is this located on Columbus (looks like the Blue Cross Blue Shield building is in the background)?

Personally, I can't wait to see this thing finished, in person, but it sounds like there's a bunch of other skyscrapers proposed/under construction right around it, possibly masking the architecture save for a side view.

Apparently if I remember correctly, some of those balconies extend up to 12 feet out of the building. That's a very impressive balcony to have.

Here are some shots of the site today. The sales trailer is very impressive with a huge model showing the entire neighborhood. Worth a visit on your next trip to Chicago.

1781637387_8427f288b7.jpg

Plus or minus the same view as the rendering. Coming up out of the ground above the street.

1781637421_b9ca3f3730.jpg

Yes, other buildings will block the view, but it will still be impressive.

1781637343_aedb54146c.jpg

From the other side.

1781637443_5244d666ff.jpg

The podium is huge on this one, extends from the street to the park on the back side.

1782509028_5dd6cfc8c8.jpg

The top of the adjoining parking garages is the street level entry for this building.

1781637475_0cae97d7bf.jpg

Now where did I leave my hammer?

I remember being in the Prudential building (old) and looking south over the trainyards (pre-Millenium park). It's really cool to see all of the development surrounding the park and pushing development South. It's surreal to think of the difference from 10 years ago.

Joe