What happened to these projects?

mempho

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still annoyed at the loss of Trinity Tower. I had a lot of hope for that project, and I used to picture just that kind of building when I would cut through that parking lot on an almost daily basis to get to and from Main St.

The ideal solution is a re-use of some of the non-lit structures that might provide some internal lighting. Several buildings are working on that with all the condo rehabs.

The "Mud Island" project isn't Mud Island at all. It's just a rendering of what the RDC envisions along the riverfront as part of the Promenade discussion. They're having enough trouble with Beale Street Landing (for which some funding has been approved) to think about embarking on another uphill battle at this time. I'd say it's still "long-term vision" anyways.

I'd be worried about the fire danger in some of the older structures that are unlikely to have functioning (or even existing) fire alarms, much less any active observation of the interior. If something started smoking on the fifteenth floor of the Sterick, it's unlikely anyone would know until we had another North Main disaster.

Archived