Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mempho

What happened to these projects?

10 posts in this topic

trinity tower got canceled because of lack of interest.. I believe the developers said they were going to try it again in a few years.. And im pretty sure they still own the property.

The Light It Up project was well-intentioned but misguided. A terrible waste of energy and a great way to annoy the hell out of every single downtown resident trying to sleep at night.

The "Light It Up" project should talk to the owners of 100 n main building..... It could use some lights at night. They could also do the same with the Sterick building. The only help it gets is when they turn the lights on in the 1st Tennessee Building.

The Light It Up project was well-intentioned but misguided. A terrible waste of energy and a great way to annoy the hell out of every single downtown resident trying to sleep at night.

I'm still annoyed at the loss of Trinity Tower. I had a lot of hope for that project, and I used to picture just that kind of building when I would cut through that parking lot on an almost daily basis to get to and from Main St.

The ideal solution is a re-use of some of the non-lit structures that might provide some internal lighting. Several buildings are working on that with all the condo rehabs.

The "Mud Island" project isn't Mud Island at all. It's just a rendering of what the RDC envisions along the riverfront as part of the Promenade discussion. They're having enough trouble with Beale Street Landing (for which some funding has been approved) to think about embarking on another uphill battle at this time. I'd say it's still "long-term vision" anyways.

I'd be worried about the fire danger in some of the older structures that are unlikely to have functioning (or even existing) fire alarms, much less any active observation of the interior. If something started smoking on the fifteenth floor of the Sterick, it's unlikely anyone would know until we had another North Main disaster.