Dish opens tonight

Luca Brasi

Dish opens tonight... I was lucky enough to tour the restaurant last week. Its much bigger than it looks from the outside and the menu is pretty big too.

The area of downtown from Asylum to Church is becoming home to a number of nightspots geared to young professionals... Koji, Feng, Joe Blacks, Kyto (soon to open), Dish and Room 960. The American AIrlines building is also in negotiations for another lounge on their ground floor.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dish opens tonight... I was lucky enough to tour the restaurant last week. Its much bigger than it looks from the outside and the menu is pretty big too.

The area of downtown from Asylum to Church is becoming home to a number of nightspots geared to young professionals... Koji, Feng, Joe Blacks, Kyto (soon to open), Dish and Room 960. The American AIrlines building is also in negotiations for another lounge on their ground floor.

WOW GUYS, we totally missed the ball on another resturant.

The Tavern downtown

It is right next to Agave, and well I knew it was coming but last night I found out it has been open for 3 weeks.

My wife and I decided to test it out.

We were not really in the mood for anything fancy, so a tavern seemed like the right kind of place and we like to explore.

The decore is VERY NICE. It makes that part of the street look great. You can still kind of smell the freshly varnished wood, but that was the only downside and it will go away.

They have some really reasonable food. 7 dollar hamburger 9 dollar gourmet burgers and some nice traditional options for a still fairly short menu. This is their soft opening so as time goes along I am sure their options will increase. We just had burgers, but there are formal options leaning slightly italian, but they have a tuna steak and some other nice options.

We feel as though we had a very nice mean in a very nice setting for under 40 bucks. Mind you we were not testing their fancier options, not looking to do so, but even those prices were pretty good.

I think someone on here said they were a brewery, or made their own beer, and I can confirm that this is not true, but its still a good place to wet your wistle as they have a carving board for happy hour, and had a decent number of people in there.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from dinner.

I don't know what to say as I am not arrogant enough to give a review as I am just some guy, and not any kind of food critic.

It wasnt bad.

The menu was not very exciting. I knew that before I went there, but in person I was still not inspired. I am sure they do good seafood, but I'm not a seafood guy and my wife wasnt in the mood for it. We kind of ordered safe, and the foos wasnt anything special. I will let others try it and make their own opinion. for me it was just kind of booring.

The space is very nice, and the service was excelent however. I hope other try the seafood as it seems like that might be the best bet. I was not in the mood for a $43 steak. I kind of wish I was.

the tomato basil and Mots was very good I shoulod add. but this is hard to screw up. but well it was very good :)

anyhoo not bad not good just so so. I am sure others will enjoy it, but this is not really the place for me. not yet anyways.

too bad though as it looked so nice and is ideally located.

please try for yourself, i cant say that enough. I kind of feel like I ordered too safe.

Archived