MR. HEARTWELL! Tear down this surface lot!

GRDadof3

With the possibility of the new hotel at the WAM site, the city needs to take a long hard look at getting rid of this parking lot at 6th Street Park. Hardly ANYONE parks there, and I think it might be because of the confusing parking fee system. Rip it up and make the park bigger! Put in a farmers/fish market! Sand volleyball courts! Anything but a giant unused piece of assphalt! And take that the lot to the North owned by 801 Monroe with it! :)

1749737438_d51180a80c_o.jpg

No matter what time of day, it ALWAYS looks like this. :rolleyes:

1749682468_3d3b19c05c_b.jpg

1748821569_200cc98e59_b.jpg

1749676228_cbd5f90932_b.jpg

What a waste!

1748783959_e54827bc3b_b.jpg

Seems like converting this to greenspace would go very well with the city's new Green Master Plan. :whistling:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the square lot could be developed into some sort of Riverfront restaurant (relocate Charlie's Crab to make room for your regional mall?) and the curved lot could be a green space/market like you suggested. With a new hotel and the increasing residential population out that way I think it would be a good fit and could possibly spur further re-development in the corridor.

I agree that this lot is worthless with the exception being the few nights with fireworks downtown.

Any thoughts to putting up an off-leash dog park at that corner? The one off of Lyon is very popular and I think another would add a lot to not only the residents in the new developements but also for the rest of us NW-siders...

I agree that this lot is worthless with the exception being the few nights with fireworks downtown.

Any thoughts to putting up an off-leash dog park at that corner? The one off of Lyon is very popular and I think another would add a lot to not only the residents in the new developements but also for the rest of us NW-siders...

Archived