Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogerAnthony

104.1 has flipped!

11 posts in this topic

The former Power 104.1 (Radio 104 before that) has flipped back to alternative rock as of 10 a.m. today! Yeah!!!!! Check out their new website for FM 104.1 at http://1041music.com/

Thank God. I like hip-hop and I hated Power 104. At least this new format (listening to the online feed now) sounds a lot better than the complete rubbish on there before.

Too bad it's still Clear Channel's corporate "music".

I'm sad. But oh well. If you guys are happy it's cool I guess. I know a lot of people will miss Steve Harvey in the morning. I even got an e mail to sign a petition to bring back Power 104.

Commercial radio.... yawn. At least commericial alternative music doesn't always try to market expensive products to poor people and demean women. This might be a good way to keep young people in the area.

Commercial radio.... yawn. At least commericial alternative music doesn't always try to market expensive products to poor people and demean women. This might be a good way to keep young people in the area.

A well deserved critique of the current state of Hip Hop, but the station did do a substantial amount of work in the community promoting education and had community oriented programming on Sunday mornings. Will this station continue to care about Hartford and it's citizens? I'm not sure as the format does not resonate within the City community. I'm sure they will have plenty of events in the burbs though.

I would much rather listen to music from the 90's than todays crap.

I would much rather listen to music from the 90's than todays crap.

Do not mind the change really, but I hate rock should have switched to Hard Bop. I'm still waiting for the day when 50's styled Jazz dominates the music scene.