Walton Arts Center Location

Mith242

Where do you think the WAC should be located?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the WAC should be located?

• Same location, just expand as much as possible.
    • Different location, but still on/near Dickson St
    • Another location somewhere in Fayetteville
    • Somewhere else in NWA outside of Fayetteville

Yeah I will say Fayetteville easily went a step above the other cities. No one else had such a comprehensive and detailed plan as Fayetteville. It is true that this expanded facility could cause problems for other things. But I think most people in Fayetteville would take it. While there certainly are fans of BBB in Fayetteville there's also clearly a rather vocal group that just don't like it at all. If I had to choose one or the other I'd have to go with the expanded WAC. But I still think something could be worked out with BBB even if Fayetteville does somehow land the future WAC facility.

While a detailed plan is nice, it is going to come down to location and funding. I love Dickson Street and hope the center goes there, but I think there is too much momentum in Bentonville, especially with the Walton $ to overcome for Fayetteville.

While a detailed plan is nice, it is going to come down to location and funding. I love Dickson Street and hope the center goes there, but I think there is too much momentum in Bentonville, especially with the Walton $ to overcome for Fayetteville.

Yeah I agree with you. Although Fayetteville did have the better proposal I still think you'd have to say Bentonville will most likely come up with the future location.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the WAC appears to have cut down the potential list for the future WAC facility down to 15 sites. I haven't gotten all the exact sites, but apparently most are in Benton County. No big surprise there. But the city of Fayetteville plans is still there and so are a couple of other potential Fayetteville sites. Along with the western Springdale site near Arvest Ballpark. I guess they're going to keep slowly cutting down the sites throughout the rest of the year.

Well the WAC appears to have cut down the potential list for the future WAC facility down to 15 sites. I haven't gotten all the exact sites, but apparently most are in Benton County. No big surprise there. But the city of Fayetteville plans is still there and so are a couple of other potential Fayetteville sites. Along with the western Springdale site near Arvest Ballpark. I guess they're going to keep slowly cutting down the sites throughout the rest of the year.

The City of Fayetteville proposal is obviously the best choice by any objective measure. For it to not be chosen will expose the selection process as the fraud that it already seems to be. A point was made by the WAC that political will was an important factor in the process- the fact that the Fayetteville proposal has been made with all of it's detail and flexibilty should be an indication of the political will that is in force to make it happen.

Fayetteville city officials need to respond to the WAC's reduction of possible site locales with further evidence of the political will to keep the new WAC facility in town. As the stakes rise the onus needs to be put on the WAC and the Walton Family Foundation to show that Fayetteville is not the best choice to host NWA's premier performing arts center. If it is clear that Fayetteville is the best choice and the Walton Family Foundation is against what is best for the NWA community as a whole then that needs to be known.

• 2 months later...

Sounds like some sort of announcement is supposed to be made Wednesday about the future location of the WAC. Now I don't know if this is going to be anything final or simply them weeding out more selections and leaving themselves with a handful. I've been hearing conflicting info on just what's being decided tomorrow. In the restaurant topic it was mentioned about Grub's opening a location in the former O'Charley's/Meaux Dad's location. Rather interesting timing. But who knows could just be coincidental.

Sounds like some sort of announcement is supposed to be made Wednesday about the future location of the WAC. Now I don't know if this is going to be anything final or simply them weeding out more selections and leaving themselves with a handful. I've been hearing conflicting info on just what's being decided tomorrow. In the restaurant topic it was mentioned about Grub's opening a location in the former O'Charley's/Meaux Dad's location. Rather interesting timing. But who knows could just be coincidental.

Based on a few different discussions with the WAC search committee, the announcement will likely be that they have selected 5-6 properties that have made the cut into the "final round". I wouldn't expect a final selection to be announced until Feb or March of next year.

The sites will likely be Downtown Fayetteville, at least one site in Rogers (probably Pinnacle Hills), and the remaining sites will be Bentonville based including property near the NWACC campus and a site near Crystal Bridges and Downtown Bentonville.

I don't have anything concrete on this, but just putting puzzle pieces together from what tidbits I have been told.

I feel that based on the latest rumblings, the new larger facility will still be built in Bentonville, with the current WAC renovated for supporting acts and performances. I don't see a larger WAC being constructed in Downtown Fayetteville. I also expect that the WAC will grow as an organization to include concert and event promotion (as seen with the AMP purchase) and will use Bud Walton Arena and possibly Razorback Stadium as concert/event venues to supply revenue for WAC operations. The U of A and City of Fayetteville support this.

Based on a few different discussions with the WAC search committee, the announcement will likely be that they have selected 5-6 properties that have made the cut into the "final round". I wouldn't expect a final selection to be announced until Feb or March of next year.

The sites will likely be Downtown Fayetteville, at least one site in Rogers (probably Pinnacle Hills), and the remaining sites will be Bentonville based including property near the NWACC campus and a site near Crystal Bridges and Downtown Bentonville.

I don't have anything concrete on this, but just putting puzzle pieces together from what tidbits I have been told.

I feel that based on the latest rumblings, the new larger facility will still be built in Bentonville, with the current WAC renovated for supporting acts and performances. I don't see a larger WAC being constructed in Downtown Fayetteville. I also expect that the WAC will grow as an organization to include concert and event promotion (as seen with the AMP purchase) and will use Bud Walton Arena and possibly Razorback Stadium as concert/event venues to supply revenue for WAC operations. The U of A and City of Fayetteville support this.

That sounds like what I'd sorta expect, them to announce a slimmed down list. But quite a few people seem to think they're going to make the final selection today. I think overall everyone is still expecting the new larger facility to go to Bentonville. Interesting idea with the U of A facilities. Perhaps using that and renovating the current WAC to placate Fayetteville. Anyway guess we'll find out in a few hours.

Not surprising but disappointing. With the Waltons playing hardball about money for a new center and the location of Crystal Bridges it was probably inevitable for this to happen. I find it unlikely that the quality of shows will be the same at both locations, and I'm a little annoyed at how the WAC has played this. They'll come out way ahead by trying to take the best of both worlds and keep their hands out to Fayetteville and the UofA for all they offered to try to keep the expansion here (since the city and the University were desperately trying to keep it here they offered a lot, I thought, and it sounds like the WAC expects to get it all anyway despite expanding the new main theater elsewhere), while also taking the Walton money and whatever incentives Bentonville is offering for their new location. This may end up being good for the metro as a whole, I don't know, but if I were Fayetteville and the UofA I'd be exploring my options and probably tell the WAC that they don't get everything they wanted if they're not keeping the expansion in Fayetteville.

Well it should come as no surprise Bentonville was picked. Didn't hear the specific location. But they also announced expanding the current facility. At first I had some hopes maybe they could try to build some equal size facilities at both locations. But sounds like the 2,200 seat theater will be built in Bentonville. Sounds to me they're talking about just building another 600 seat theater for Fayetteville adjacent to the current facility. But I'm sure more details will be out soon.

Just received the following blast email from WAC CEO Peter Lane:

Dear Walton Arts Center friends and supporters,

Happy Holidays from all of us at Walton Arts Center. As one of our valued friends, I wanted you to hear directly from me about our board meeting and press conference this afternoon.

Today, the Board of Directors adopted a recommendation from the Facilities Committee that puts forth an exciting expansion strategy, one that will benefit both Walton Arts Center and the region. The recommendation is to pursue expansions in both the City of Fayetteville and the City of Bentonville.

Before I go into more detail, here’s a little background. As many of you know, in 2008 we completed a feasibility study to assess our expansion needs. The study confirmed that Walton Arts Center's current spaces are heavily utilized—95% utilized, in fact. We need more seats and more theaters to keep expanding our programs, working with our partner organizations, and serving as Arkansas' premier center for the performing arts and entertainment.

The feasibility study recommended that, to meet these needs, we explore building two new theaters to compliment our current spaces: a 600 seat flexible space and a 2,200 + seat theater to add to our current complex of a 1200 seat and two 200 seat halls. In February of this year, our Board of Directors approved a list of 15 prioritized site selection criteria that created an objective platform on which to review potential sites. As of August 2, we had received 25 site proposals from all over the region. I would like to thank the individuals and organizations that submitted proposals for their hard work and careful consideration of the criteria.

Over the past months, the staff and Facilities Committee have been evaluating these proposals against the criteria, and I’m pleased to say that through this open and objective process, the Committee has come up with a recommendation that truly does position Walton Arts Center for the future, while also creating a regional strategy for arts expansion. The recommendation adopted today outlines the following:

Walton Arts Center will pursue an expansion in both Fayetteville and Bentonville. Working with the City of Fayetteville, we will pursue an expansion on or adjacent to the current WAC campus for the construction of a new 600 seat theater. Concurrently, we will work with the City of Bentonville to identify a site in downtown Bentonville that is suitable for a 2200+ seat theater. For more information on the board’s recommendation, you can visit our website at www.waltonartscenter.org.

This expansion, combined with our plans to operate the AMP at NWA Mall and to work with the University of Arkansas to bring more concerts to Bud Walton Arena and Barnhill Arena, has the potential for major economic and artistic impact throughout the region. Additional theaters will allow us the freedom to offer new and exciting arts and educational opportunities in both Fayetteville and Bentonville, while also freeing up time in our current theaters for more programming by local arts groups, the University of Arkansas, and other arts organizations. In sum, this expansion will enhance our position as the region’s leading provider of world-class performing arts, entertainment and educational programs.

In the coming months, our staff, board and Facilities Committee will be exploring the steps necessary to pursue this recommendation. I would like to thank you for your support of Walton Arts Center over our 19 years, and ask that you join me in celebrating this important milestone in our history. We are grateful for how much our community cares about Walton Arts Center. I look forward to seeing you soon at a Walton Arts Center event.

Sincerely,

Peter B. Lane

President/CEO

Walton Arts Center

Some legal posturing from the city of Fayetteville:

http://www.ozarksunbound.com/fayetteville-city-attorney-walton-arts-center-prohibited-from-building-primary-arts-center-outside-fayetteville/12922?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OzarksUnbound+%28Ozarks+Unbound%29&utm_content=Netvibes

No idea if there's anything to it.

The 600-seat expansion in Fayetteville comes across as a weak sop. I still like the idea of kicking the WAC out and doing something else...say running the facilities somewhat similar to today but in conjunction with the U of A, or perhaps turn it into a community center, or sell it off to private developers. If the WAC continues to run the place it'll get second-rate dregs and the facility will ultimately wither away.

Being right near Crystal Bridges will give the new WAC some powerful synergies, maybe enough to offset the demographically-negative location and general Bentonville sterility and boringness. I can see why they went that way.

This was indeed expected and makes it clear that the site selection process was all for show. The continued use of the word expansion when it is in reality a replacement facilty just shows their duplicity. The City of Fayetteville and University of Arkansas need to immediately start planning for a new Fayetteville Performing Arts Center at the Dickson Street facilty free of WAC control. The financial support given to the WAC by Fayetteville supporters need to be withheld until the new PAC has the ability to use it. The paid parking revenue that has been dedicated to the WAC needs to be brought back to the City as soon as possible. Letting the WAC to continue to operate the present facility will harm Fayetteville's economic interests and entertainment options long-term.

The local TV coverage of this has been horrible- the stations have been eating up the WAC's propaganda without any questioning of it. One station anchor gushed over how the shows such as Blue Man Group and Beauty and The Beast would continue to be at the present facilty without any clue that shows like that will never come to Fayetteville if the WAC controls it. There was a big segment on how great it will be for the Bentonville businesses without any mention of how bad it will be for the Fayetteville businesses.

Well, I'm very very disappointed with this decision. This basically means that all big shows will be going to Bentonville and Fayetteville will be stuck with the leftovers. A horrible decision as I expected. It makes no sense to not have this in the "cultural center" of Northwest Arkansas.

So we are getting a 600 seat additional auditorium...no point! Time for Fayetteville to step up and stop allowing everything to slowly move to Benton county.

Sorry, I had to vent a little on this topic... :sick:

I had assumed a location had been picked out for Bentonville already. But it sounds like it hasn't. Yet another reason for people in Fayetteville to be upset. Of course the WAC is going to try to keep emphasizing that Fayetteville will be the 'workhorse' of the WAC, with the original locations a 600 seat black box addition and then the possibility of using Bud Walton and Razorback Stadium. But I think we all know the 2,200 seat theater is going to get the best action. No matter how the WAC tries to spin it. I'm curious to see if anything happens with Williams' possible lawsuit. I've also been a little surprised with the media coverage so far. And how everyone so far seems to be glossing over how Fayetteville has been slighted. I imagine it will eventually come up. I can't imagine the press totally ignoring it. The knee jerk reaction would be for Fayetteville to cancel it's deal with the WAC and find someone else to run the current facility. While the city does need to look at all the options unfortunately I don't think Fayetteville can totally cut off the WAC just yet. If Fayetteville was going to try to go it alone or at least distance themselves from the WAC. Is there anyway for them to directly compete with the new WAC facility in Bentonville? Or is Fayetteville doomed to playing second fiddle either way? Seems like Fayetteville would have to find someone with some deep pockets. Even then I think we all know the deepest pockets are still going to be in Benton County. Still sad to see Fayetteville slowly fading a bit because all the money is up in Benton County.

Re competing, that may very well be a pointless exercise. Can a metro with ~ 500K people support two high quality performing arts centers? Probably not, not without the sorts of ticket subsidies that WAC already gets. That's one reason changing or starting over with those properties should at least be an option.

Re media coverage, I'm not surprised at all, not a bit. The local establishment media have always been rather obedient with anything Walmart connected.

Re Fayetteville fading away, I don't see it that way at all. The city continues to grow population wise. It's still a very good place to live. The U of A is still here. Bentonville can have the bad-faith WAC, along with their dry county and lack of interestingness and activities.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm in favor of the decision. Fayetteville will still be great -- regardless of what happens with the WAC on Dixon Street. Of course, we don't know what this performing arts center will look like yet, but my guess is that it wouldn't mesh well with the downtown Fayetteville culture. (i..e. Fayetteville = young, funky, bohemian, college-centric.... Bentonville = upper middle-class, yuppie, conservative, corporate)

I would respectfully argue that having more than one cultural center in the region will benefit the region as a whole. And while I love Fayetteville, I'm really excited to see Downtown Bentonville come into it's own. With Crystal Bridges coming online next year, not to mention all the money the city is pouring into the revitalization of their downtown district, and now this future facility, I can't wait to see what kind of restaurants, bars, and hotels are soon to follow.

I can understand why Fayetteville residents are unhappy, but maybe a little cultural competition will do us good.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that the U of A isn't supporting the idea of suing the WAC or challenging the decision. Seeing as they've gotten lots of donations from the Waltons they aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them. I saw an annoying editorial written by someone in the local paper today. They slammed Kit Williams for even thinking about challenging the WAC decision. They mentioned how the U of A didn't have a problem with it. Of course they left out the fact that they've received millions from the Waltons so of course they aren't going to challenge it. They even recommended that Kit Williams needs to worry more about what's best for the area and region. Never mind the fact he's elected to look out for Fayetteville's interest. While I doubt anything will come of this challenge he and the city of Fayetteville have every right to look into the matter. I imagine people outside of Fayetteville have a different perspective of the whole thing. Especially those in Benton County. Multiple parties initiated the WAC. And now a decision has been made that does not benefit all of those parties, in particular Fayetteville. For that matter I think it would benefit the U of A more if it was also to be left in Fayetteville. But as previously mentioned, they aren't going to make a big deal about it and risk any future donations. In the long run there may not be a lot Fayetteville can do about it, I don't know. But to have people questioning why Kit Williams and Fayetteville is considering looking at ways to challenge this seem to be looking at the world through rose colored glasses. So let's suggest this hypothetical situation. Ten to fifteen years down the road Crystal Bridges decides, they're going to build a second museum, this time in Fayetteville. They're going to leave artwork at the Bentonville location, but the top American masterpieces will be shipped down to Fayetteville for the new location. So under this scenario we should expect Bentonville to welcome this decision with open arms, because hey it benefits the entire region.

Now I don't blame people in Benton County being excited about the WAC decision. I can understand they're happy to see a facility being built closer to their part of the metro. What I don't get is how people don't seem to think Fayetteville should feel slighted considering it helped set up the original WAC in the first place.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that the U of A isn't supporting the idea of suing the WAC or challenging the decision. Seeing as they've gotten lots of donations from the Waltons they aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them. I saw an annoying editorial written by someone in the local paper today. They slammed Kit Williams for even thinking about challenging the WAC decision. They mentioned how the U of A didn't have a problem with it. Of course they left out the fact that they've received millions from the Waltons so of course they aren't going to challenge it. They even recommended that Kit Williams needs to worry more about what's best for the area and region. Never mind the fact he's elected to look out for Fayetteville's interest. While I doubt anything will come of this challenge he and the city of Fayetteville have every right to look into the matter. I imagine people outside of Fayetteville have a different perspective of the whole thing. Especially those in Benton County. Multiple parties initiated the WAC. And now a decision has been made that does not benefit all of those parties, in particular Fayetteville. For that matter I think it would benefit the U of A more if it was also to be left in Fayetteville. But as previously mentioned, they aren't going to make a big deal about it and risk any future donations. In the long run there may not be a lot Fayetteville can do about it, I don't know. But to have people questioning why Kit Williams and Fayetteville is considering looking at ways to challenge this seem to be looking at the world through rose colored glasses. So let's suggest this hypothetical situation. Ten to fifteen years down the road Crystal Bridges decides, they're going to build a second museum, this time in Fayetteville. They're going to leave artwork at the Bentonville location, but the top American masterpieces will be shipped down to Fayetteville for the new location. So under this scenario we should expect Bentonville to welcome this decision with open arms, because hey it benefits the entire region.

Now I don't blame people in Benton County being excited about the WAC decision. I can understand they're happy to see a facility being built closer to their part of the metro. What I don't get is how people don't seem to think Fayetteville should feel slighted considering it helped set up the original WAC in the first place.

Well said and I cosign your thoughts.

I wonder if the fact that the U of A will also be able to use the current facility more often plays a role in their support of the decision. Instead of having to build a new theater on campus they will have the use of a nice hall just off campus.

That's an interesting point as well.

I figured it was a long shot anyway. But looks like a potential lawsuit against the WAC doesn't have much support. Mayor Jordan doesn't support it and sounds like one Council member doesn't either. Despite my anger towards the WAC I have to admit I'm not sure if a lawsuit would accomplish much. Although I don't blame Kit Williams, he was doing his job and I think that option needed to be brought up. Some seem to have portrayed Kit Williams as a horrible person for even bringing the subject up. To be honest I think he's actually right. I think the WAC hasn't lived up to the initial agreement that set up the whole situation. But at this point I don't think a lawsuit will do much good. If the Waltons really want a 2200 seat theater in Bentonville they're going to get it. I do think Fayetteville needs to keep it's options open though. I think it's somewhat obvious that the WAC doesn't have Fayetteville's best interest at heart.

I figured it was a long shot anyway. But looks like a potential lawsuit against the WAC doesn't have much support. Mayor Jordan doesn't support it and sounds like one Council member doesn't either. Despite my anger towards the WAC I have to admit I'm not sure if a lawsuit would accomplish much. Although I don't blame Kit Williams, he was doing his job and I think that option needed to be brought up. Some seem to have portrayed Kit Williams as a horrible person for even bringing the subject up. To be honest I think he's actually right. I think the WAC hasn't lived up to the initial agreement that set up the whole situation. But at this point I don't think a lawsuit will do much good. If the Waltons really want a 2200 seat theater in Bentonville they're going to get it. I do think Fayetteville needs to keep it's options open though. I think it's somewhat obvious that the WAC doesn't have Fayetteville's best interest at heart.

One of the sad aspects of this is that it shows what a "company town" NWA is. Even though NWA has a population of over 400,000 one group of wealthy people seem to be calling all the shots and almost no one is willing to cross them. I guess it is something that has been quietly known all along but this has really brought it out in the open. Most disturbing is the fact that they don't even seem to care about how it exposes them. It is being done with such arrogance that it is a little scary for the future - what next will they decide for us?

One of the sad aspects of this is that it shows what a "company town" NWA is. Even though NWA has a population of over 400,000 one group of wealthy people seem to be calling all the shots and almost no one is willing to cross them. I guess it is something that has been quietly known all along but this has really brought it out in the open. Most disturbing is the fact that they don't even seem to care about how it exposes them. It is being done with such arrogance that it is a little scary for the future - what next will they decide for us?

Because no one is willing to cross the evil empire. Why don't you think the U of A is up in arms about the move. Many of the student i've talked to about it are mad and as a student that gets season tickets every year, im mad too. They, as i also, arn't going to drive 30 mins to see a play.

Whats even more scary is how "they" hold the entire future of NWA in the palm of their hand and at any minute, they could pull the plug. Im sorry to say this, but karma is a b!tch. I know fayetteville has had it good for a long time and its good to share the wealth with the rest of the metro, but greed is a sin and therefor, what comes around, goes around. There is a reason that NWA is in such a housing mess. IMO, The move will hurt them. They already have a strong following here, why not just build upon it.

Fayetteville in my mind, is no metro, but at least its not one suburb after another. Dickson st. is a one of a kind in Arkansas and no matter how much every other city wants one, it isn't going to happen. I'm from little rock and let me tell you how hard the river market is trying to push themselves to be a Dickson of central arkansas. you cant do it without the young college clientele, the young professionals and the living environment. Fayetteville in my mind, is way more progressive than Bentonville/rogers. What i'm interested to see is when the new one opens, is there going to be a change in program. Is there still going to be some of the more provocative plays like spring awakening in a county that is still a dry county. Do they think we live under a rock like some of the city politicians do?? There is no way that we will get the same programs that we have had in the past. The new one will be getting Mama Mia, color purple and will will be getting some crappy, under funded play.

Im not trying to bash Benton county, but your getting the art museum, leave the performing arts for the south end of the metro.

Because no one is willing to cross the evil empire. Why don't you think the U of A is up in arms about the move. Many of the student i've talked to about it are mad and as a student that gets season tickets every year, im mad too. They, as i also, arn't going to drive 30 mins to see a play.

Whats even more scary is how "they" hold the entire future of NWA in the palm of their hand and at any minute, they could pull the plug. Im sorry to say this, but karma is a b!tch. I know fayetteville has had it good for a long time and its good to share the wealth with the rest of the metro, but greed is a sin and therefor, what comes around, goes around. There is a reason that NWA is in such a housing mess. IMO, The move will hurt them. They already have a strong following here, why not just build upon it.

Fayetteville in my mind, is no metro, but at least its not one suburb after another. Dickson st. is a one of a kind in Arkansas and no matter how much every other city wants one, it isn't going to happen. I'm from little rock and let me tell you how hard the river market is trying to push themselves to be a Dickson of central arkansas. you cant do it without the young college clientele, the young professionals and the living environment. Fayetteville in my mind, is way more progressive than Bentonville/rogers. What i'm interested to see is when the new one opens, is there going to be a change in program. Is there still going to be some of the more provocative plays like spring awakening in a county that is still a dry county. Do they think we live under a rock like some of the city politicians do?? There is no way that we will get the same programs that we have had in the past. The new one will be getting Mama Mia, color purple and will will be getting some crappy, under funded play.

Im not trying to bash Benton county, but your getting the art museum, leave the performing arts for the south end of the metro.

Yeah NWA overall is known for being rather conservative, especially politically speaking. With the exception of Fayetteville of course. Fayetteville is like other college towns more progressive and liberal. While Fayetteville will certainly lose the 'big performances' to up north, I think many are hoping Fayetteville will get the more 'progressive and artsy' acts. If Bentonville is going to try to create their own Dickson St it won't happen. As you said, they don't have the same crowd that Fayetteville has. I'm not saying Bentonville can't create it's own nice entertainment district. But it's going to have to be it's own thing. It can't be another Dickson St. As far as locations go in Bentonville this new WAC facility better be going in near Crystal Bridges. Otherwise I think this is an even bigger waste. While downtown Bentonville has been mentioned some other locations, say closer to I-540, haven't totally been ruled out yet. Assuming the new WAC goes in near Crystal Bridges. I am curious what long term effects that area will create. I don't think anyone really knew that Dickson St was going to evolve into what it is now.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Fayetteville has been completely beat down on this- besides the city attorney and a couple of city council members no one is stepping forward to be an advocate for the city and it's best interests. There will be no litigation from the city and even an attempt to renegotitate the agreement between the city, university and the WAC didn't succeed. The end result is that Fayetteville will have to rely on the questionable good will of the WAC until 2017 when the current lease agreement expires. By then it should be evident as to whether or not the WAC is living up to it's promises and if their continued control of the Fayetteville facility is in the city's best interests.

It keeps being repeated over and over about how Fayetteville needs to be looking at this situation from a regional view point but no one explains how losing the major performing arts center of the region is a good thing for the city. No one explains how the WFF demand that the new major PAC be built in Bentonville is a regional way of looking at it. If it is a regional positive does that mean that the sales tax revenue increase that Bentonville receives will be shared with Fayetteville? Will the businesses in Fayetteville also reap the riches that those in Bentonville do or will their sales decrease? When all the newly available seats become harder to fill will the Fayetteville facility be first in line for events to fill them?

Archived