Orlando: SoDo (South of Downtown) development

zaadee

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Jason's Deli is now open at SODO facing Orange Ave. The strip plaza across from SODO has been refurbished nicely and I would expect could add in some quality restaurants and retail. It also looks like a pizza place and coffee shop is open as well.

I noticed a Thai place was moving in where Deli Planet once was. Also Roadhouse was demo'd and to make room for something else.

Anyone have any details or reviews on Newton Corner condos? It's a small development with several finished townhouse units on E. Harding set back just a bit from Orange Ave. and now I see another row more of the same under construction on E. Muriel. I'd love to hear how residents there rate it and whether or not they like it. Any problems? I called the number on the sign but have not heard back from anyone yet. Thanks for any information on these.

Anyone have any details or reviews on Newton Corner condos? It's a small development with several finished townhouse units on E. Harding set back just a bit from Orange Ave. and now I see another row more of the same under construction on E. Muriel. I'd love to hear how residents there rate it and whether or not they like it. Any problems? I called the number on the sign but have not heard back from anyone yet. Thanks for any information on these.

Don't know any info about them but suprised and happy that they are building more. Anyone know anything about the townhouses on Michigan going towards Ferncreek? They look empty....

Don't know any info about them but suprised and happy that they are building more. Anyone know anything about the townhouses on Michigan going towards Ferncreek? They look empty....

These? http://www.copley-square.com/

David Dorman showed me 3 units there this week: http://www.daviddorman.com/content/listing...ualTourCount=26

They're quite lovely and definitely on sale now in the mid-$200's, about half the original asking price.

These? http://www.copley-square.com/

David Dorman showed me 3 units there this week: http://www.daviddorman.com/content/listing...ualTourCount=26

They're quite lovely and definitely on sale now in the mid-$200's, about half the original asking price.

This is a case where timing is everything. I considered buying here over six years ago, but the developer procrastinated and missed a great window of opportunity in 2003-2005. It took them too long to get their act together. They had a larger selection of floor plans and was a more substantial development of 3 or 4 rows of the townhomes leading back to a shared central park and pool area. When they were first released they were in the mid-uppper 200's but about 6 months later the developer had to reprice as they miscalculated costs and wanted to add another $100K to the price.

This is a case where timing is everything. I considered buying here over six years ago, but the developer procrastinated and missed a great window of opportunity in 2003-2005. It took them too long to get their act together. They had a larger selection of floor plans and was a more substantial development of 3 or 4 rows of the townhomes leading back to a shared central park and pool area. When they were first released they were in the mid-uppper 200's but about 6 months later the developer had to reprice as they miscalculated costs and wanted to add another $100K to the price.

That sounds like it was a fabulous plan - thanks for the memories! I was vaguely aware of them then but not really paying attention. Can you recall if it took phase 1 awhile to sell out? From what I understand the listing price will be $369K for the new construction.

• 3 weeks later...

psshh..and they say commercial construction is dead.

It might be off life support, but it's still far from healthy....at least from where I'm sitting. Lots of municipal/government work going on though, it seems like. Now's the time to get some cheap bids if you have a project. I talked to a guy from FDOT who said they have bids coming in 25-50% less than what they estimated....but I'm getting off subject...

I was joking. Interesting about the FDOT bids though. I have zero experience with DOT work, that said my only major concern would be GC change orders, on a large project it's easy to make up that 50%. Seems like most of the projects i'm dealing with lately are CM At-Risk and thats fine by me, i'll gladly take a GMP to avoid litigation.

Archived