NCAA Basketball

Raintree21

Yeah dgreco, thanks for the visuals :thumbsup: 40% of the conferences now complete; still 60% left to go.

It will be interesting to see what teams like Davidson, Drake, Butler, Western Ky. do in the Tourney. Some tough 1st Round games for sure. Remember George Mason a few years ago!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A surprise team makes it to the tourney and will be in the play in game...

mbs.gif Mount St. Mary's The Mount out of the Northeast....

WORST NICKNAME EVER! and really screwed Robert Morris. RMU was looking at a 13 or so seed now they won't make the tourney. GL to MSM

Atlantic Coast, March 13-16

America East, March 7-15

Atlantic 10, March 12-15

Atlantic Sun - Belmont

Big 12 - March 13-16

Big East - March 12-16

Big Sky, March 8-12

Big South - Winthrop

Big Ten, March 13-16

Big West, March 12-15

Colonial Athletic - George Mason

Conference USA, March 12-15

Horizon - Butler

Ivy - Cornell

Metro Athletic - Siena

Mid-American, March 12-15

Mid-Eastern Athletic, March 11-15

Missouri Valley - Drake

Mountain West, March 12-15

Northeast - Mount St. Mary's

Ohio Valley - Austin Peay

Pacific 10, March 12-15

Patriot, March 5-14

Southeastern, March 13-16

Southern - Davidson

Sun Belt - Western Kentucky

Summit - Oral Roberts

Southwest Athletic, March 12-15

West Coast - San Diego

Western Athletic, March 11-15

tough lose for Syracuse they are out of the tourney, and I think the WVU win didn't help much since Providence didn't have a good year.

America East, March 7-15

Atlantic 10, March 12-15

Atlantic Sun - Belmont

Big 12 - March 13-16

Big East - March 12-16

Big Sky - Portland St.

Big South - Winthrop

Big Ten, March 13-16

Big West, March 12-15

Horizon - Butler

Ivy - Cornell

Metro Athletic - Siena

Missouri Valley - Drake

Northeast, March 6-12

Pacific 10, March 12-15

Patriot, March 5-14

Southern - Davidson

Summit - Oral Roberts

West Coast - San Diego

no conference championships tonight, but a lot of good games and all the BCS conferences are in action today.

Florida is out after getting beat by Alabama. Looks like WVU may be in the tournament with a win over UCONN. Xavier defeated potential bubble team Dayton who like Florida also appears to be out of the tournament. Is Villanova in with a 1st round Big East win but 2nd round loss to Georgetown?

Florida is out after getting beat by Alabama. Looks like WVU may be in the tournament with a win over UCONN. Xavier defeated potential bubble team Dayton who like Florida also appears to be out of the tournament. Is Villanova in with a 1st round Big East win but 2nd round loss to Georgetown?

I think all those loses secured a spot for St. Joe's out of the A10. Unless a team like Charlotte wins the A10 we are going to see the A10 3 teams with Xavier, UMass and St. Joes.

I also think Villanova has no chance, Maryland is keeping themselves a live right now too.

Literally all 10 current bubble teams lost last night. Which leaves from for 3+ for the A10 and probably 7 out of the PAC-10 (highest ever: Both in number it ties the ACC and percent wise the highest with 70% of teams in the tourney)... So Oregon and Arizona St. pretty much got lucky last night.

America East, March 7-15

Atlantic 10, March 12-15

Atlantic Sun - Belmont

Big 12 - March 13-16

Big East - March 12-16

Big Sky - Portland St.

Big South - Winthrop

Big Ten, March 13-16

Big West, March 12-15

Horizon - Butler

Ivy - Cornell

Metro Athletic - Siena

Missouri Valley - Drake

Northeast - Mount Saint Mary's

Pacific 10, March 12-15

Patriot - American

Southern - Davidson

Summit - Oral Roberts

West Coast - San Diego

Anybody watching the SEC Tournament? Apparently sever weather is causing problems. Not sure if it was strong winds or maybe even a tornado but you could hear an odd rumbling sound in the overtime period of the Alabama-Miss St game. Then the roof area started swaying. Some sort of debris started falling. Looks like it was insulation. There are panels on the side that appeared to have wind blowing in. Luckily there doesn't appear to be any injuries although there's certainly some scared fans. I don't know that there's much damage to the dome. But looks like the tournament is on hold, who knows how long.

It ended up being a tornado and they had to postpone to Georgia/Kentucky when has to be placed at GT home arena. Then whoever wins has to play again at 3:15 I think. The atlanta Hawks arena was also hit by the tornado, but luckily everything is ok.

It ended up being a tornado and they had to postpone to Georgia/Kentucky when has to be placed at GT home arena. Then whoever wins has to play again at 3:15 I think. The atlanta Hawks arena was also hit by the tornado, but luckily everything is ok.

I think they're moving the rest of the SEC Tournament to the Georgia Tech campus, not just that one game. I also got the impression only players and coaches family would be allowed to watch the games. Georgia Tech's arena is obviously much smaller than the Georgia Dome and they didn't have any way to really decide who would get to attend the games and who wouldn't. Especially on such short notice. Now I don't know how official this is, but it's what I've heard so far. If it's true, then Kentucky fans made the trip to Atlanta for nothing. They won't even get to watch their team play one game.

I think they're moving the rest of the SEC Tournament to the Georgia Tech campus, not just that one game. I also got the impression only players and coaches family would be allowed to watch the games. Georgia Tech's arena is obviously much smaller than the Georgia Dome and they didn't have any way to really decide who would get to attend the games and who wouldn't. Especially on such short notice. Now I don't know how official this is, but it's what I've heard so far. If it's true, then Kentucky fans made the trip to Atlanta for nothing. They won't even get to watch their team play one game.

I didn't hear every game, but that makes sense. I guess GT has about 40% of the seats and you are right it was family, cheerleaders and thats about it. I would be upset if I was a kentucky fan... If they win the SEC it will be better for those UK fans ;)

I didn't hear every game, but that makes sense. I guess GT has about 40% of the seats and you are right it was family, cheerleaders and thats about it. I would be upset if I was a kentucky fan... If they win the SEC it will be better for those UK fans ;)

I'm watching the game on tv. Seems like there's a lot more people in the arena than just family, bands and cheerleaders. It's certainly not full but there seem to be a lot more people there than I thought. Sounds like they may have allowed some other 'university supporters' in to watch. I'm sure that's going to go over real well with all the fans who bought tickets and traveled to Atlanta. Ironically they still seem to be having some weather related problems. It appears that there's some sort of leak in the roof. They've had to mop up an area of the floor during stoppages in the game.

I'm watching the game on tv. Seems like there's a lot more people in the arena than just family, bands and cheerleaders. It's certainly not full but there seem to be a lot more people there than I thought. Sounds like they may have allowed some other 'university supporters' in to watch. I'm sure that's going to go over real well with all the fans who bought tickets and traveled to Atlanta. Ironically they still seem to be having some weather related problems. It appears that there's some sort of leak in the roof. They've had to mop up an area of the floor during stoppages in the game.

It is rough, but at least the game is a good game. Another team punches a ticket and saves a bubble team.

mam.gif Maryland-Baltimore County Retrievers out of the America East.

America East - Maryland-Baltimore County

Atlantic 10, March 12-15

Atlantic Sun - Belmont

Big 12 - March 13-16

Big East - March 12-15

Big Sky - Portland St.

Big South - Winthrop

Big Ten, March 13-16

Big West, March 12-15

Conference USA - Memphis