NCAA Basketball

Raintree21

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UNC won the ACC Tournament yesterday against Clemson. That makes them ACC regular season and conference tournament champions and gave them the overall #1 NCAA seed and #1 position in the South division guaranteeing them all North Carolina games (Raleigh and Charlotte) if they make it to the Final Four.

UNC won the ACC Tournament yesterday against Clemson. That makes them ACC regular season and conference tournament champions and gave them the overall #1 NCAA seed and #1 position in the South division guaranteeing them all North Carolina games (Raleigh and Charlotte) if they make it to the Final Four.

I think they make it to the final four, but I think UCLA has the easiest road to get there.

my elite 8:

Louisville vs. UNC

Kansas vs. Georgtown

Pittsburgh vs. Texas

UCLA vs. Xavier

my final four:

UNC vs Kansas

UCLA vs. Texas

my finals

Kansas over UCLA

Still hard to believe what Georgia did winning 3 games in two days :wacko:

Some really interesting 1st Round match-up's like Arkansas-Indiana; West Virginia vs. Arizona; Drake vs. Western Ky; Davidson vs. Gonzaga; Clemson vs. Villanova and a Battle of the "Freshman" Phenoms USC vs. Kansas State.

Thanks again for your hard work dgreco. The logo's are great!

Still hard to believe what Georgia did winning 3 games in two days :wacko:

Some really interesting 1st Round match-up's like Arkansas-Indiana; West Virginia vs. Arizona; Drake vs. Western Ky; Davidson vs. Gonzaga; Clemson vs. Villanova and a Battle of the "Freshman" Phenoms USC vs. Kansas State.

Thanks again for your hard work dgreco. The logo's are great!

I agree about those first round matchups, they are all tough and I had a hard time picking those games. I actually picked 3 11 seed over the 6 seed. I just think St. Joes, Kansas St., Kentucky are better. I had a hard time deciding on a few. I did end up taking Davidson, Clemson, Arizona, Arkansas and Drake. I also think Drake can beat UConn.

I feel bad for Xavier and they get Georgia, not a great team, but in a strong conference and definitely tough. The other 3 seeds got Boise St., Cal St. Fullerton and Cornell.

Good call dgreco :thumbsup: Did not get to see the game; just a glance of the score at the half. So how bad does Mt.St.Mary lose to the Tar Heels?? By 25 or 30??

Another interesting 1st round match-up for geographic purposes; Georgetown vs. UMBC....those two schools are only about 40 miles apart.

I just want to see UGA as far as they can. They've had an impressive (make that miraculous) past few days. It'll be talked about around here for several years.

I think that UGA could beat Xavier if they continue playing like they have, but I don't know if they'll make it any further. I've heard Xavier's a lot like Arkansas, so there might be a chance.

Whatever the case, I like the type of program Coach Felton runs. He may not have the best team in basketball, but he keep it clean and accountable (he even dismissed his top two players earlier this year because they failed to meet the academic standards set by the university).

I'd like to see a UNC vs. Memphis match up in the championship, personally.

Good call dgreco :thumbsup: Did not get to see the game; just a glance of the score at the half. So how bad does Mt.St.Mary lose to the Tar Heels?? By 25 or 30??

Another interesting 1st round match-up for geographic purposes; Georgetown vs. UMBC....those two schools are only about 40 miles apart.

I think Mt. St. Mary's goes down by 15 if they are in the game by half. If they are losing by 10+ at the half they will lose by more than 30. They have a decent outside shooting game, so they can either keep it close or blow the game.

GT vs. UMBC will be exciting, but not close. I think GT is to good to have UMBC even keep it close.

I wonder how long it will be until there are play-ins for each 16 seed? Play 4 games on Tuesday for the right to get a 16th seed? Why 1 and not all 4?

Anyway, MSU VS Temple starts play tomorrow. For us west coasters it will be nice to wake up and see the tourney begin. Does MSU have a year where they get beat in round 1 by George Mason like a few years ago or do they over achieve and make the elite 8 where they lost to Texas?

Regardless I can't wait for the upsets to begin!

I just want to see UGA as far as they can. They've had an impressive (make that miraculous) past few days. It'll be talked about around here for several years.

I think that UGA could beat Xavier if they continue playing like they have, but I don't know if they'll make it any further. I've heard Xavier's a lot like Arkansas, so there might be a chance.

Whatever the case, I like the type of program Coach Felton runs. He may not have the best team in basketball, but he keep it clean and accountable (he even dismissed his top two players earlier this year because they failed to meet the academic standards set by the university).

I'd like to see a UNC vs. Memphis match up in the championship, personally.

I agree even though I do not have UGA winning in my bracket, it would be awesome if the run lasted longer and they made a lot of noise. definitely an underdog people can root for.

I wonder how long it will be until there are play-ins for each 16 seed? Play 4 games on Tuesday for the right to get a 16th seed? Why 1 and not all 4?

Anyway, MSU VS Temple starts play tomorrow. For us west coasters it will be nice to wake up and see the tourney begin. Does MSU have a year where they get beat in round 1 by George Mason like a few years ago or do they over achieve and make the elite 8 where they lost to Texas?

Regardless I can't wait for the upsets to begin!

I think after the 4 year moratorium that is going on we will see that. I also think after this moratorium you will see some mid-majors mke a new major conference and cause a lot of shakeup. The CUSA, Sun Belt, CAA and A10 are all going to be mixing it up I think. Should be exciting, but with the new conferences they will want to keep atlarge at 34 so they will add the other 3 play in games. I THINK.

other than that a whole bunch of tourney games start today