Entertainment Venues

Hey all, I could use a little help. Over the last three plus years I have brought multiple entertainers to Eureka Springs AR. It has been an interesting ride. My brother-in-law has asked that I consider coming to Springfield to put on some of the shows that I have been bringing to Eureka Springs. I would like your opinion about the whole entertainment business in Springfield.

Most of my shows are the lower cost entertainers that draw a crowd of 200 to 350. They are great performers just not well known yet. Are there venues that are good for that size of a crowd?

I am very eclectic in my entertainment selection. I have had folk entertainers, jazz artists, acrobats, Celtic/Irish bands Leon Russell, blues, and other interestng artists. What type of shows do Springfield people enjoy?

What are people accustomed to paying for entertainment?

Fill me in, if you would, on if Springfield is really in need of something like what I am offering.

Thanks,

Steve

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what springfield missing is a good venue like The Pagent in St. Louis which was built in 2000. Its a small to mid size venue built for performances which is something springfield lacks. It holds up to 2,300 people and is a top 10 music venue in the county acording to pollstar.

They are always bringing in comedians that you see on comedy central and a lot of national music acts as well as having local bands play. This venue gets similar bands that play Remmingtons Downtown or the Shrine mosque in Springfield. The problem with the shrine is they only host like 3-4 concerts a year. Remmingtons Downtown is the worst concert venue i have ever been to and refuse to go back, concerts should be illegal there it is so bad.

http://www.thepageant.com/

some images

http://www.kikuobata.com/thepageant.html

good article on the venue

http://www.stlcommercemagazine.com/archive...06/pageant.html

It just really sucks that the Juke Joint had to close... it was a top 100 music venue in the country. Pretty freakn good considering. The people that own Remingtons leased that out which is now being converted into the downtown library and commercial space, ughh! They have said that they want to build a new bigger place but its hard to decide especailly when Downtown space is becoming so limited.

Thanks for the help. I checked into the Vandivort last time I was downtown. It is cool but not really what I would need for a music type show. I have not been in the Landers Theater do they rent it out? I could not find anything about rental rates. The Gillioz is too big for the shows I would normally bring in, plus they are a bit expensive, at least what they were quoting. The Gillioz is beautiful and if I was to have a big show I would give it a try.

Is there any interest in the smaller shows in Springfield? More intimate setting type to get up close and enjoy the music type of settings.

I have done a lot of Celtic shows with some bands from Ireland, in fact. I have one that I would like to bring in next spring. Is there any interest in that? The flautist was the guy that did the sound track for Lord of the Rings. It is a great band.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Steve

Thanks for the help. I checked into the Vandivort last time I was downtown. It is cool but not really what I would need for a music type show. I have not been in the Landers Theater do they rent it out? I could not find anything about rental rates. The Gillioz is too big for the shows I would normally bring in, plus they are a bit expensive, at least what they were quoting. The Gillioz is beautiful and if I was to have a big show I would give it a try.

Is there any interest in the smaller shows in Springfield? More intimate setting type to get up close and enjoy the music type of settings.

I have done a lot of Celtic shows with some bands from Ireland, in fact. I have one that I would like to bring in next spring. Is there any interest in that? The flautist was the guy that did the sound track for Lord of the Rings. It is a great band.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Steve

Thanks for the ideas. These are certainly ideas worth checking out and it is good to hear there are those that would like to have some different kinds of music.

The music/entertainment venture is a tough one and I am not wanting to go full time into it. What I have done in Eureka Springs is to rent venues and bring in shows. That is what I would like to do in Springfield but only occasionally.

I have been encouraged to move to Springfield and get involved with the developement in and around downtown. There is much going on and I am told there is room for someone who can connect the dots in business deals. Because of my background and connections to different people I have a bit of a knack of making things come together.

That is what I am really more interested in.

I know only a few people in Springfield and have a small office downtown. I thought I would get around and get to know a few people so I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Steve

Archived