Circuit City is needed in Rogers!

masons_dad1

Circuit City where are you?

I'm actually surprised that Circuit City hasn't already made a move up to Rogers with Best Buy opening up at the Promenade. I was hoping after a horrible shopping experience at Best Buy that I would never have to enter that store again, but as it turned out I had to return something under their service plan. And what a joke Best Buy's service plan turns out to be. The fact that their service plan actually overrides a perfectly good manufacturer's warranty and that if Best Buy has to replace the product even a few months after buying it the service plan becomes invalid or "fulfilled" as they call it. So, if you pay for a 2-year service plan it may only be good for a few weeks. The if they don't have the same product in stock they just replace it with a cheaper product at your expense or you can pay for a more expensive replacement. They refused to give me my money back because they didn't have the same product in stock.

Circuit City is a better store with friendlier people, better products and a much better service plan for those products. My experience with Circuit City has always been awesome and not only did they replace my TV under their service plan last year they even extended the service plan for it for another 10 years. I've even returned products that were out of stock to Circuit City and they happily paid back all my money so I could get something else.

Best Buy is a low quality ripoff! Oh, and the Geek Squad... come on, the Geek that I had to deal with popped the space bar off his keyboard and couldn't figure out how to put it back on. "Weak Squad" would be a more fitting title.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Circuit City where are you?

I'm actually surprised that Circuit City hasn't already made a move up to Rogers with Best Buy opening up at the Promenade. I was hoping after a horrible shopping experience at Best Buy that I would never have to enter that store again, but as it turned out I had to return something under their service plan. And what a joke Best Buy's service plan turns out to be. The fact that their service plan actually overrides a perfectly good manufacturer's warranty and that if Best Buy has to replace the product even a few months after buying it the service plan becomes invalid or "fulfilled" as they call it. So, if you pay for a 2-year service plan it may only be good for a few weeks. The if they don't have the same product in stock they just replace it with a cheaper product at your expense or you can pay for a more expensive replacement. They refused to give me my money back because they didn't have the same product in stock.

Circuit City is a better store with friendlier people, better products and a much better service plan for those products. My experience with Circuit City has always been awesome and not only did they replace my TV under their service plan last year they even extended the service plan for it for another 10 years. I've even returned products that were out of stock to Circuit City and they happily paid back all my money so I could get something else.

Best Buy is a low quality ripoff! Oh, and the Geek Squad... come on, the Geek that I had to deal with popped the space bar off his keyboard and couldn't figure out how to put it back on. "Weak Squad" would be a more fitting title.

I agree, Best Buy is the worst. Earlier in the year I had a struggle with them to repair a Sony projection tv that had quit working after 2 years. I had a 4 year warranty thru BB. The 3rd party repair place they use brought it back to me three times and I kept having to have them come back and get it because it wasn't fixed. I was without a tv for two months and finally after the fourth time the tv was brought back to me and didn't work I'd had enough. I had to call and have a very unpleasant conversation with BB warranty and went to the store and complained which didn't help either. Threats to the Better Business Bureau didn't seem to phase them either. The store and the warranty co. just didn't care. They ended up replacing my tv but since they didn't make it anymore I had to spend more to get something equivalent to it. When I asked if the BB warranty would transfer over to the new tv since it technically had two years left on it they said no way. Then they had the nerve to ask if I wanted to purchase a new warranty. :rolleyes: Needless to say I will never purchase anything from BB ever again. This was the Fayetteville store btw.

Ultimate Electronics is awesome also. The salesmen actually know what they are talking about there.

I will agree that Circuit City carries better quality home theater equpment than Best Buy. I don't know how well the company is doing though. The Fayetteville store always has about 1/4 as many cars in the parking lot than does Best Buy just a block down the street. The do have slightly better brands like Onkyo, Harmon Kardon, and Infinity. I really like Ultimate Electronics here in Tulsa. They are all home theater and a little car stereo, but they have a huge selection of the top brands. If you have never been there I would recommend it.

I thought I would add my 2 cents- I've mostly shopped at Best Buy, specifically the one in Fayetteville. I've had good luck with all my purchases. Even when the manufacturer wouldn't send me my $160 rebate (back when BB had the rebate program) they backed me up and insisted to the company rep that I should get it. I recently took back a surrond sound system with no problem. The staff has always been helpful and knowledgable with the occasional exception. I never get the store warranty as I've never heard anything good about them with any company. I've had less luck at the Fayetteville Circuit City. I went yesterday and after being there about 20 minutes I was asked if I needed help. When I told him what I was looking for I got a " We have a bunch around here" and then he went back to writing on his clipboard.

I do most of my product research online but always want to see what I'm buying before actual purchase. BB has a better instore selection and it is laid out better. I've been to the Ultimate Electronics in Tulsa and would love to see one open up over here, but I heard they tooo are having some troubles. Fryes in Dallas is fun to go to but is so large and disorganized that it feels more like a flea market or something. We do indeed need another electronics store in NWA for competition but Wal-Mart may scare any other company away.

Archived