Communities like Har-ber Meadows

kattpar

All of you on this board absolutely know what is going on and where in NWA! So, that being said I need help. My son will start kindergarten next year and I'd really love to move to a community where you can walk your kids to school and maybe walk to the store, etc. We currently live in Rogers (Bentonville schools) in a gated community that is very transient with so many vendors coming and going every two years. We too are transplants from Los Angeles; however, I do have family ties in Fort Smith and Ozark. We plan to be here forever and would really love to find a true community where my children can have life long friends. If that is even possible?... I never ever thought of the Springdale school system, but I've visited Har-ber Meadows and it is beautiful, but I'm concerned about the Springdale schools and the outerlying areas. I love the front porches on some of the homes and the common area are terrific with the schools really close even a grocery store. Not to mention it is closer for me to drive to Tulsa for my hockey fix. I haven't really looked into Fayetteville so much. I've just been driving around... aimlessly. Some sort of direction would be so helpful in our search. Many on here seem to know of all of the communities in the areas from Fayetteville to Bella Vista. Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All of you on this board absolutely know what is going on and where in NWA! So, that being said I need help. My son will start kindergarten next year and I'd really love to move to a community where you can walk your kids to school and maybe walk to the store, etc. We currently live in Rogers (Bentonville schools) in a gated community that is very transient with so many vendors coming and going every two years. We too are transplants from Los Angeles; however, I do have family ties in Fort Smith and Ozark. We plan to be here forever and would really love to find a true community where my children can have life long friends. If that is even possible?... I never ever thought of the Springdale school system, but I've visited Har-ber Meadows and it is beautiful, but I'm concerned about the Springdale schools and the outerlying areas. I love the front porches on some of the homes and the common area are terrific with the schools really close even a grocery store. Not to mention it is closer for me to drive to Tulsa for my hockey fix. I haven't really looked into Fayetteville so much. I've just been driving around... aimlessly. Some sort of direction would be so helpful in our search. Many on here seem to know of all of the communities in the areas from Fayetteville to Bella Vista. Thanks!

My brother lives in the neighborhood across from Holcomb Elementary in Fayetteville. I can't remember the name of it but it's similar to Harber Meadows due to the houses being close to one another and having large front porches. There is also a community pool in the neighborhood. It's not quiet as nice or large as Harber but it is right across the street from an elementary school, there is a jr high (I believe) on the next block over, Rupple Rd., it's convenient to 540, and Sam's Club and Harp's are fairly nearby. There's also several other neighborhoods surrounding the area and the Clabber Creek trail is right next to it.

My brother lives in the neighborhood across from Holcomb Elementary in Fayetteville. I can't remember the name of it but it's similar to Harber Meadows due to the houses being close to one another and having large front porches. There is also a community pool in the neighborhood. It's not quiet as nice or large as Harber but it is right across the street from an elementary school, there is a jr high (I believe) on the next block over, Rupple Rd., it's convenient to 540, and Sam's Club and Harp's are fairly nearby. There's also several other neighborhoods surrounding the area and the Clabber Creek trail is right next to it.

• 3 weeks later...

You've got to check out Ruskin Heights in east Fayetteville!! Ruskin Heights is located west of Crossover Rd/265 and on the south side of Mission Blvd on a hillside. Right now there is an existing house on the top of the hill that is their offices and LOTS of earth moving equipment on the acreage. The ground breaking for the first phase of this diverse new urban neighborhood was this past week. You can get an introduction of the neighborhood plan from the website but you'd be better off giving the founders a call. They are enthusiastic and committed to creating a wonderful community. I have friends that live in Har-ber Meadows and it is nice but one of them can't wait to move to Ruskin Heights. Ruskin Heights really sounds like what you're looking for... check it out!

www.ruskin-heights.com

URL: http://www.nwanews.com/nwat/News/59286/

And Ruskin Heights even has it's own forum topic here on Urban Planet!

I believe you asked about Springdale schools. My children attend the Springdale schools, and we live just north of Harber Meadows. It is a wonderful community, with all the conveniences and amenities you might need (except a decent coffee shop, but hopefully that will change soon). I don't know what ages your children are, but the new schools on the west side of Springdale are truly state of the art and provide a great environment for learning.

Archived