A Detroiter's Unbelievable Take On Metro GR - Hold On

metrogrkid

Just hit this link and then sit back and get ready to feel loving toward a Detroiter . . . .

<a href="http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=519492" target="_blank">http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=519492 </a>

:) This dang state sure does have its good moments. River Rats and Motor Mouths vibing on MGR. Wow. :rolleyes:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Michi's a good egg. :) He's posted quite a few of his photo tours here before. And boy, he knows a lot about Grand Rapids now! He's quite the spokesperson. :thumbsup:

That's good exposure too, because skyscrapercity doesn't have a Grand Rapids section (or even a Michigan section). It's all just lumped together into a Midwest section.

Thanks, Dad. Whenever I go out of my way to photograph MI cities, I usually post them on Urban Planet, Skyscraperpage, and SSC...just to spread the good news! ;)

The only way I know a lot about Grand Rapids is from this forum alone...and Rapid Growth Media (dot com). The other two don't have much of a GR presence. GR is hugely important to the state of Michigan as it is, in my opinion the only city that is able to successfully tackle innovative big city development on a comprehensive basis. Detroit is also capable, but it's going to take many years for it to come together as well as Grand Rapids.

I'm a big GR fan and always will be. It may not be the most impressive place just by looking at it. But once you know the ins and outs and get to know it, it really is one of the most progressive cities in the country for its size and ambitions.

Archived