Forest Hills Development

strmchsr77

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also couldn't tell by that plat where the WMNM is going in. Anybody know which lot it is?

I couldn't tell at first, but it looks like there's a larger building just to the north of Jewel Rd. near the west boundary of the property. I zoomed in and it's marked as "Grocery Store".

I think one of the local newspapers mentioned a Walgreens was slated for the project, however I haven't seen any deed transactions go through on the county website.

Speaking of which, I'm amazed at what walgreens has been paying for their lots... Unless I'm reading them incorrectly, the county website deed records show they paid around $3 Million for the old gas station on the corner of Crossover and Mission and paid around $1.9 Million for their lot on the corner of Hwy. 112 and Hwy. 412 in Tontitown. Am I the only one that thinks those prices are a little astronomical?

I admit I don't know what the going rate for land around the city is. But I have heard people complain about it being so high. I think it's one of the reasons you don't see people trying to redevelop areas, prices are just too high. Then take into account you have height restrictions. It seems like some areas are so high you need to put in a taller development so you can make anything from it. But if it's in an area of the city with some pretty low building height restrictions, then there's not much you can do.

• 4 months later...

The new Walmart neighborhood market made it though planning commission last night in a quick 30 minutes. It will consist of 40,000 sq ft of the over 200,000 commercial sq ft that will eventually make up this westside development. This will be located near the corner of Wedington and Salem roads and it should be open my november of next year.

The new Walmart neighborhood market made it though planning commission last night in a quick 30 minutes. It will consist of 40,000 sq ft of the over 200,000 commercial sq ft that will eventually make up this westside development. This will be located near the corner of Wedington and Salem roads and it should be open my november of next year.

Yeah, I read about that being approved. Since Walmart is involved you can be sure it will go up quickly and other developments will follow. I imagine it will take the full ten years for all the residential units to be built though.

That has to be the shortest planning commission meeting in years- usually it takes that long to get to the first agenda item. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update. I've been hearing about Walmart putting in a Neighborhood Market over in that area for a while now. I'd been wondering when they were going to finally move on it.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the update. I've been hearing about Walmart putting in a Neighborhood Market over in that area for a while now. I'd been wondering when they were going to finally move on it.

Does anyone know if this is still the plan for this development? It was on the news a couple of nights back. Looks like they're finally breaking ground!!! foresthills.jpg

Does anyone know if this is still the plan for this development? It was on the news a couple of nights back. Looks like they're finally breaking ground!!!

Yeah I just finally heard a little more about this development. Sounds like it's still slowly moving forward. Walmart is saying it's not 100% guaranteed, but it it sounds very likely they'll be putting in a Neighborhood Market in this development.

• 10 months later...

Saw this development mentioned in the Fayetteville thread, so I thought it would be worth a bump. This one has been a long time in process.

The search feature is your friend.

:)

Thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot about this topic even though the name did pop up in the Fayetteville topic.

• 1 month later...

It's shown on the master development plan in many of the links on this thread.

I was thinking the same thing. It's like the media didn't pick up on this originally then suddenly made a big story about this. When it really wasn't anything 'new'.

Archived