Fulton & Division/JA Site Mixed-Use Development Idea

GRDadof3

Doesn't the fact that you went to a movie and were the only one there key you into the fact that the UICA wouldn't be the first choice to anchor a development. I'd really like to see the UICA's justification for moving (other than for something new and shiny). I don't think the "if you build it" mentality works in this situation. The UICA has been around for years. It seems like demand should warrant the move, and not bank on the move warranting demand.

I like Tamias' rendering. I still love the first design that UP GR people came up with for the Fulton/Division lot.

Joe

Actually the UICA is supposed to move over to the vacant corner along with the construction of a seven story apartment building at fulton and commerce. Last I read in the paper, the city granted another six month extension on the option to buy the land. If it works out, it would be a huge publicity boost for the UICA. They show the foreign and independant films, they just need a lot more people to be aware of them. I went there to see the documentary on Frank Gehry and my gf and I were the only ones there.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived