Memphis tops

tnse

Memphis can probably claim to be the top city on a lot of different categories. SOme are good but some are bad. So it would be interesting to get a proper list. I'm sure there is a list that Memphis is the top city for BBQ or something. Maybe it is also close to the top in crime. But I did see that it was on this list:

http://promo.realestate.yahoo.com/most_sedentery_cities.html

Hopefully smart growth can help with the urban sprawl problem in the city.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it's no longer 95+ outside, I've noticed more joggers in Mud Island park. Let's face it, between late April and late September, it's not exactly pleasant for outdoor activities.

Hmm...best lists? BBQ-usually at the top. Biggest cargo airport in world. Usually tops or nearby in most on-time hub airport in US. Tops or close to it in orthopedic device manufacturing. Home values are usually most favorable here. Beale St is among the most frequented entertainment districts in US cities. Grizzlies (when good) were rated among the best fan value in pro sports by ESPN; hopefully we can get that back with the new coach and GM.

Since it's no longer 95+ outside, I've noticed more joggers in Mud Island park. Let's face it, between late April and late September, it's not exactly pleasant for outdoor activities.

Hmm...best lists? BBQ-usually at the top. Biggest cargo airport in world. Usually tops or nearby in most on-time hub airport in US. Tops or close to it in orthopedic device manufacturing. Home values are usually most favorable here. Beale St is among the most frequented entertainment districts in US cities. Grizzlies (when good) were rated among the best fan value in pro sports by ESPN; hopefully we can get that back with the new coach and GM.

One of the reasons Memphis shows up so frequennly on mortality lists is because it is the medical center for a large territory that includes some of the poorest counties in the U.S. Many people who die in Memphis are from Mississippi and Arkansas, as well as West Tennessee.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived