Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tnse

Memphis tops

12 posts in this topic

Memphis can probably claim to be the top city on a lot of different categories. SOme are good but some are bad. So it would be interesting to get a proper list. I'm sure there is a list that Memphis is the top city for BBQ or something. Maybe it is also close to the top in crime. But I did see that it was on this list:

http://promo.realestate.yahoo.com/most_sedentery_cities.html

Hopefully smart growth can help with the urban sprawl problem in the city.

Since it's no longer 95+ outside, I've noticed more joggers in Mud Island park. Let's face it, between late April and late September, it's not exactly pleasant for outdoor activities.

Hmm...best lists? BBQ-usually at the top. Biggest cargo airport in world. Usually tops or nearby in most on-time hub airport in US. Tops or close to it in orthopedic device manufacturing. Home values are usually most favorable here. Beale St is among the most frequented entertainment districts in US cities. Grizzlies (when good) were rated among the best fan value in pro sports by ESPN; hopefully we can get that back with the new coach and GM.

Since it's no longer 95+ outside, I've noticed more joggers in Mud Island park. Let's face it, between late April and late September, it's not exactly pleasant for outdoor activities.

Hmm...best lists? BBQ-usually at the top. Biggest cargo airport in world. Usually tops or nearby in most on-time hub airport in US. Tops or close to it in orthopedic device manufacturing. Home values are usually most favorable here. Beale St is among the most frequented entertainment districts in US cities. Grizzlies (when good) were rated among the best fan value in pro sports by ESPN; hopefully we can get that back with the new coach and GM.

I recommend this thread be removed. There's nothing positive about it. Get it out of here...

One of the reasons Memphis shows up so frequennly on mortality lists is because it is the medical center for a large territory that includes some of the poorest counties in the U.S. Many people who die in Memphis are from Mississippi and Arkansas, as well as West Tennessee.

I do not believe this thread needs to be removed, this needs to be discussed in an open forum. Education is the key to cutting this statistic down imo.

I do not believe this thread needs to be removed, this needs to be discussed in an open forum. Education is the key to cutting this statistic down imo.

This thread topic is fine and I don't see anyone making inflammatory remarks. In fact every post thus far has been by a regular Memphis forumer who has no reason to bash their own city.

Trust me, most of us have been around on UP long enough to know what folks bashing Memphis looks like. ;)