Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doz180

Menupix

8 posts in this topic

This website has a list of restaurants and you can view the menu. Hartford was chosen along with about 20 other metros. They covered Hartford very well, many of the smaller "ethnic" places are included.

I'm wondering why they didn't include Bridgeport or New Haven???????

www.menupix.com

Why do they feel the need to put the name has Hartford, Ct.

I know it is me being picky, but why does Rhode Island put Hartford, Ct on their road signs????? Come on, we all know Hartford is in Connecticut.

The state of Connecticut doesn't put Providence, RI or does Rhode Island put Boston, MA.

Mass. does it a lot too. Oddly, they won't for Albany or New York (City) but they will for RI, CT, and NH (that I know of)

Don't be ridiculous, it could easily be confused with these other booming metropolises (metropoli?)

Hartford, Arkansas

Hartford, Iowa

Hartford, Illinois

Hartford, Alabama

Hartford, Kentucky

Hartford, Kansas

I saw one sign (I forget where) that said "Hartford, CN" ...???

Don't be ridiculous, it could easily be confused with these other booming metropolises (metropoli?)

Hartford, Arkansas

Hartford, Iowa

Hartford, Illinois

Hartford, Alabama

Hartford, Kentucky

Hartford, Kansas

I saw one sign (I forget where) that said "Hartford, CN" ...???

Yes, and I can see how people might get confused because SO many people go to Hartford, VT....

If a destination "control city" on a road sign is in another state, FHWA rules require the state's abbreviation to be placed next to the "control city." So, Mass. (with the exception of the Mass. Turnpike Authority) and R.I. are in compliance and Connecticut is out of compliance. Frankly, I think a state abbreviation is helpful to out-of-state travelers.