Land hoarder strikes again!

GRDadof3

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The actual line from the purchase agreement reads:

"Should buyer fail to secure proper financing by May 2007 this agreement shall become null and void."

The closing was set for July 31, 2007. I was always that date.

We put in this contingency line to protect ourselves. Before we spent the money on environmentals, surveys, and title work, we wanted to be sure of m=our funding, This would give is from May till July to complete all this. Azzar contends that this provision was put in by him in order for him to approve our funding. Of course those of you in real estate realize how ridiculous this argument is...since when does the seller have a right to approve the buyer's financing. All throughout this process we had contingencies related to financing. We waived our financing contingency on April 31, and then Azzar started coming after us asking for all sorts of documentation related to financing. It became a real mess.

We should of had a lawyer read through our documents before we submitted them. I hope the judge sees things differently when he reads all the supporting documentation for the case. Including the myriad of emails from Azzar's lawyer and agent to get the deal closed post May 1. In fact it was Azzar's agent that actually set up the closing at the title company for July 31.

Dave, (this is Derek)

I've rarely visited this site...no good excuse...now that I have, I must say I'm excited to find such a great community with the common goal of improving our home. I just wanted to chime in and publicly broadcast my support as well. You and I have got a lot of time into this and in the end I feel we are getting nothing but a "sucker punch." This crazy thing in all of this is I still can not figure out Azzar's angle...it makes no sense what so ever. Logic seems missing here.

It is great to see such support for the battle...hopefully it turns out to our favor. Talk to you soon.

-DH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived