List Murfreesboro's New Restaurants here

KAjunRaider

What all is coming to The Avenue, restaurant-wise?

I know that Longhorn Steaks, Macaroni Grille, and Mimi's...... but what else?

I have heard a Garcia's is coming on Franklin Road next to the new Publix.

A couple of new Thai places near campus.

A new pizza place on the square, owned by the same group as Five Senses.

Coach's Sports Bar about to open in the old Trappers/Cajun's/Western Sizzlin'.

What all is coming to the Stones River Mall area? Anything else in The Oaks?

Murfreesboro is the "eatingest" city in the nation, seems like :lol:

The Blue Raider Zone Message Board on Scout.com

• 1 month later...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T.G.I. Friday's and Olive Garden in front of the Stones River Mall, and several places in the new food court.

TGI's to open on Monday according to the DNJ. I thought I read a while back that a J. Alexander's was coming to the area?

Any clue as to what type of restaurant is going in the Embassy Suites?

• 4 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong; Mexican is my favorite type of food, but don't we have enough Mexican restaurants?

No we do not have enough :lol: . Just 26.

1. Frida's
  2. Tesoro
  3. Blue Coast Burrito
  4. Garcia's
  5. Kiva
  6. LaSiesta-Greenland
  7. LaSiesta-Church
  8. LaSiesta-Georgetown
  9. Camino Real- Broad
  10. Camino Real-Cason
  11. Camino Real-Main
  12. La Hacienda
  13. Mexi-Ven: Bradyville Road
  14. Mi Patria
  15. Chilangos
  16. Moe's Southwest
  17. El Torrero
  18. Fiesta Acapulco- Main near the Dodge's Store
  19. La Playito-- in front of the MAC
  20. Cozumel- Church
  21. Las Palmas
  22. Chili's
  23. Taco Bell- Rutherford
  24. Taco Bell- Memorial/Northfield
  25. Taco Bell- Church
  26. Taco Bell- Broad
  27. Don Pablo's-- gone out of b'ness

No we do not have enough :lol: . Just 26.

1. Frida's
  2. Tesoro
  3. Blue Coast Burrito
  4. Garcia's
  5. Kiva
  6. LaSiesta-Greenland
  7. LaSiesta-Church
  8. LaSiesta-Georgetown
  9. Camino Real- Broad
  10. Camino Real-Cason
  11. Camino Real-Main
  12. La Hacienda
  13. Mexi-Ven: Bradyville Road
  14. Mi Patria
  15. Chilangos
  16. Moe's Southwest
  17. El Torrero
  18. Fiesta Acapulco- Main near the Dodge's Store
  19. La Playito-- in front of the MAC
  20. Cozumel- Church
  21. Las Palmas
  22. Chili's
  23. Taco Bell- Rutherford
  24. Taco Bell- Memorial/Northfield
  25. Taco Bell- Church
  26. Taco Bell- Broad
  27. Don Pablo's-- gone out of b'ness

Don't forget Camino Real on Church

Olive Garden is set to open on February 25th. The manager is also a fellow Murfreesboroan. Oh, what do we call people from my hometown, haven't figured it out yet. Anyways, another good Italian cuisine choice for the 'Boro.

That is great, but the parking situation next to TGIFriday and in front of the mall will be a nightmare!

• 4 weeks later...

Cheeseburger Charlie's will open this month in the strip center across from the YMCA on Thompson Lane. This will be Murfreesboro's first location. There are plans to open atleast five in Rutherford County in the next few years, three in Murfreesboro. Another unkown restaurant is also under construction next to GFS Marketplace.

Can we promote or recommend restaurants already in operation but still, relatively, new? Okay, good. There's a Peruvian restaurant on Old Fort past the interstate as you're going west towards Franklin, not sure what the strip center is called but it's on the left shortly after the Kroger shopping center. The restaurant is called Cuzco and and the place was deserted although it was an awkward time, around 3:00p.m. or so. So I don't know if it's regularly slow or has caught on or what. Anywhose, the service was excellent, the proprietor was super-friendly and extremely pleased that I ordered ceviche. They also have an excellent blue corn juice drink called chicha morada. So, it's good to have an alternative to the ubiquitous Mexican restaurants for genuine and tasty Latin cuisine.

Can we promote or recommend restaurants already in operation but still, relatively, new? Okay, good. There's a Peruvian restaurant on Old Fort past the interstate as you're going west towards Franklin, not sure what the strip center is called but it's on the left shortly after the Kroger shopping center. The restaurant is called Cuzco and and the place was deserted although it was an awkward time, around 3:00p.m. or so. So I don't know if it's regularly slow or has caught on or what. Anywhose, the service was excellent, the proprietor was super-friendly and extremely pleased that I ordered ceviche. They also have an excellent blue corn juice drink called chicha morada. So, it's good to have an alternative to the ubiquitous Mexican restaurants for genuine and tasty Latin cuisine.

Tarboosh: A Hookah lounge and restaurant. Has great Greek dishes and appetizers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anybody know what's being built next to the new Krystal's on South Church St.?

Looks like fast food joint size, no signs up yet, though.

Just tried Snappy Tomato Pizza today (new pizza place at The Oaks) - best pizza

we've found in M'Boro so far! (and I think we've about tried them all now...) :)

The Parthenon Grill is being built next to the Krystal Restaurant. The restaurant will double in size while the old location will be demolished. Across the street, the Panda restaurant is being demolished for an Asian Bistro. The restaurant, from the rendering posted will be elegant and definitely stand out from the surroundings. Behind the Krystal, South Pointe Business Campus, is waiting to be approved. The site will consist of several office buildings. The developers must re-submit plans for improved building orientation to I-24, materials, and lighting. Mariott Hotels has also submitted plans to construct a hotel near the site as well.

The Parthenon Grill is being built next to the Krystal Restaurant. The restaurant will double in size while the old location will be demolished. Across the street, the Panda restaurant is being demolished for an Asian Bistro. The restaurant, from the rendering posted will be elegant and definitely stand out from the surroundings. Behind the Krystal, South Pointe Business Campus, is waiting to be approved. The site will consist of several office buildings. The developers must re-submit plans for improved building orientation to I-24, materials, and lighting. Mariott Hotels has also submitted plans to construct a hotel near the site as well.

Will this be a full service Marriott or a Residence/Courtyard type?

Found a great new locally-owned place today - Julia's HomeStyle Bakery...

anybody been there yet? I just assumed it was a birthday/wedding cake

place, but thought I'd check it out today...

They have 3 enormous cases filled with every sweet treat imaginable! :wub:

They had a special buy a dozen - get a dozen free cookies, and we also

got a slice of cake and a mini mocha-cheesecake petit four (covered in

chocolate ganache and topped with a chocolate-covered espresso bean)...oh, man,

everything was out of this world! This is definitely a place I will be

frequenting! :thumbsup:

http://www.borobakery.com

Archived