Richmond photo website

Brickhead

Here's an interesting site I came across today - Richmond Webshots. It has hundreds of photos of Richmond - and more than just skyline shots. This site will give you a different perspective on Virginia's capital city.

61865118WnFKzJ_ph.jpg

63271161QihliS_ph.jpg

I listed the website (Richmond Webshots) because there are too many good pictures, and I'm not sure if they will post properly here. Nobody wants a screen full of little red x's. Enjoy! :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I had seen Richmond from every angle, but there are some real surprises in those pictures.

When you're done with those, you can always check out Ryan Ramsey's site, Richmond City Watch. Ryan is the master of Richmond photography, and there are thousands (yeah...) more pics, including skylines, new development, historic preservation, neighborhoods, and tons of GRIT. Truly something for everyone. It'll make your head spin.

Here's an example: I believe this is East Cary Street in Shockoe Bottom, just east of downtown. I used to park in the deck on the right of the picture when I worked for BoA. There is intensive redevelopment going on in this area converting century old warehouses into loft apartments, and there are dozens of bars, restaurants, galleries, and other businesses in the surrounding blocks.

017shockoe_slip2.jpg

Close by, under I-95 overpass, the former Old Dominion Hide and Fur Company is now the very popular Canal Club:

017shockoe_bottom43.jpg

Tons more where this came from. Thanks, Ryan. :)

Richmond City Watch

Archived