Election Day referendums

flotownscot

In Florence County on election day, voters will get to decide whether to raise taxes to fund a $125 million school improvement referendum in Florence School District One. This is the school district that serves the city of Florence. If passed, the money will be used to help build 5 new elementary schools, 2 new middle schools, and to renovate an existing middle school.

Referendum Information

What's happening in your part of the state? Are there any referendums funding school improvements or capitol projects anywhere else?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its funny how people complain about how there aren't enough schools and over crowding, yet when it comes time to pay for it, they won't vote for it to happen. I am all for conservative spending, but when you don't have enough schools the answer its pretty freakin obvious- build more or expand the ones you have. Either option requires money. So if you don't vote in favor of school bonds, don't complain about your crappy schools.

I am totally in favor of the Florence School District One bond referendum. If you want an area to grow, you have to have good schools because no major company wants to locate where the schools suck. One of the middle schools that is proposed for FSD1 replaces Southside, where I went. That school was falling apart and overcrowded 25 years ago - I can only imagine the issues it has now.

I am totally in favor of the Florence School District One bond referendum. If you want an area to grow, you have to have good schools because no major company wants to locate where the schools suck. One of the middle schools that is proposed for FSD1 replaces Southside, where I went. That school was falling apart and overcrowded 25 years ago - I can only imagine the issues it has now.

Archived