H20 Urban Waterfront District

barakat

According to the Tennessean, this project is still moving forward. I am amazed to say the least with the current economic conditions. I sure hope it gets done and this project bucks the trend of what is happening nationwide. It will say a lot for Nashville as well.

If they can keep that 5 to 6 year completion date, I'd say their timing for catching the next economic upswing would be perfect.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Here is the latest incarnation of the website.

http://www.h2odistrict.com/index.asp

I am not sure when this was updated last but the latest news is from March last year. They may still be moving slowly with this. I just dont know, but it would be encouraging to see this happen. The Developers have posted here in the past, maybe they will again for an update.

they actually have a facebook account - according to it they had a few site visits (walk the property basically) last fall. the latest update says that they have begun prep work for demo of the old driving range that is behind the funeral home. This is the same abandoned driving range where a homeless man was murdered last year.

Exciting stuff - can't wait to see progress - which ought to be pretty visible from the Lowe's parking lot once they get started.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived