U-M versus MSU

LA Dave

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get to watch the game, but I was pretty certain that my alma mater was not going to win. The Spartan way is to lead the whole game and then blow it in the second half of the 4th quarter. yay.

But seriously, I was hoping for a win this year. I can die a happy man though because i was at the game in 2001 (I think it was) where MSU won at the last second (literally) after putting up w/ the bunch of A-holes from AA were taunting us and being typical Wolverines. Their crybaby reactions after MSU won was priceless. We all just smiled and left. haha.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I was pretty certain that my alma mater was not going to win. The Spartan way is to lead the whole game and then blow it in the second half of the 4th quarter. yay.

But seriously, I was hoping for a win this year. I can die a happy man though because i was at the game in 2001 (I think it was) where MSU won at the last second (literally) after putting up w/ the bunch of A-holes from AA were taunting us and being typical Wolverines. Their crybaby reactions after MSU won was priceless. We all just smiled and left. haha.

Michi: I posted the thread before the game was over, and when I was certain that the Spartans were going to win Number 100. Sorry about the ---holes; a little good natured fun can quickly turn into pretty intolerant juvenalia. I've been to the Rose Bowl for a UCLA-Stanford game (Go Cardinal!) and the adult Bruin fans were terrible.

typical MSU fashion. give away the game at the end. every time I watch them,and it doesn't seem to matter who the players or the coaches are, they are leading with 7 or 5 miutes to go, up at least two scores and they switch so a prevent defense. so no big plays are given up. who cares when you can get 10 yards and stop the clock on every play. UM drove 80+ yards in 53 sec on thier second to last drive. I didn't see the last one but I'm sure that it was something similar. I blame the coaches and thier pathetic play calling.

I hope that basketball is better. I have a guarded prognosis though seeing how they dropped one to GVSU. even if it is exhibition, that shouldn't happen.

typical MSU fashion. give away the game at the end. every time I watch them,and it doesn't seem to matter who the players or the coaches are, they are leading with 7 or 5 miutes to go, up at least two scores and they switch so a prevent defense. so no big plays are given up. who cares when you can get 10 yards and stop the clock on every play. UM drove 80+ yards in 53 sec on thier second to last drive. I didn't see the last one but I'm sure that it was something similar. I blame the coaches and thier pathetic play calling.

I hope that basketball is better. I have a guarded prognosis though seeing how they dropped one to GVSU. even if it is exhibition, that shouldn't happen.

Had a dance party gig last night. Pulled up to load in, and my client was hanging on his truck lapping up every decibel. (He's a DVM; guess who he was rooting for.) When the party started, several guests were wearing spartan attire (despite the chill, :snork!:) and I made conversation by offering my condolences.

On a goofy note, yesterday my phone took a message, and Caller ID showed the cell of my sister in Okemos. But the message was the MSU fight song (entitled "MSU Fight Song"). It didn't sound like a ring tone, and it sure wasn't one of those can openers. Took a few bars of music to realize that it was live. And it sounded like it was situated in the middle of the baritone section! (Dang that sounded good. All your best marches and college fight songs contain a euphonium obligato where they take off on a countermelody. I did not remember that arrangement; perhaps Leonard Falcone re-did it for them.)

When we spoke, she said she was attending a pep rally for Sparrow folks, but it was more fun to watch the band. I said you've gone to the dark side (she's U-M 1976), told her how to find the Michigan band (safe from assaults by alums and other psychos, they'd be waiting on their buses near the stadium). And I said if they play "Faygo," call me back.

[u-M MB 1974, MSU MB 1976-78, one of the original "Faygo" baritones]

Isn't MSU's fight song actually called Falcone Fight? And, no, I don't remember much of a euph part when I played it, either (U-M MB 1990-1992). Memorized the MSU and OSU fight songs just long enough to play on the field, then let them go. ;)

Honestly, I'm not much of a football fan; I'll wear the sweatshirt and fly block-M flag on game day, but I get too torqued off about the half-time show not being aired in favor of nitwit sportscasters who yap just to hear their own yapping. Blah blah blah. Freebird with a high step is so much more entertaining. :P

I grew up in a U of M house, my older sister graduated from Michigan in the late 90's. Big Wolv fan here, but I will be the first to admit, despite this winning streak they're on, I want Lloyd Carr gone. They still lost to a D-II school at home... national embarrassment. It seems like alot of UM fans have forgotten about that game, and the stinker that followed it as well. UM gets far too many blue chip recruits to lose games to D-II schools!!!!!! I shall never forget!!!!

On the other hand, being a Chip at heart (CMU BA 2000, Aquinas ((GO SAINTS!!)) BA 2003) I am really looking forward to freezing in K-Zoo this Tuesday to watch my boys PUMMEL those damn Broncs!!!

I grew up in a U of M house, my older sister graduated from Michigan in the late 90's. Big Wolv fan here, but I will be the first to admit, despite this winning streak they're on, I want Lloyd Carr gone. They still lost to a D-II school at home... national embarrassment. It seems like alot of UM fans have forgotten about that game, and the stinker that followed it as well. UM gets far too many blue chip recruits to lose games to D-II schools!!!!!! I shall never forget!!!!

On the other hand, being a Chip at heart (CMU BA 2000, Aquinas ((GO SAINTS!!)) BA 2003) I am really looking forward to freezing in K-Zoo this Tuesday to watch my boys PUMMEL those damn Broncs!!!

Archived