Providence Grand Hotel

"The site of the future Providence Grand Hotel is across from Waterplace Park. Providence Grand is proposed to be a full service luxury boutique hotel and residential condominium development, which will be a first for Providence. The hotel's aim is to cater to the entertainment and hospitality needs of the upscale business and academic institutions in and around Providence." Paolino Properties Website

I was wondering if anyone knew anything more about this? Sorry if there is another thread about it somewhere; I did a quick scan and didn't see anything. Can't imagine where exactly it's supposed to go (everything around the park is pretty much developed), so I'm assuming it's an aborted project on an out-of-date website.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to this RISD pdf, the Providence Grand was one of the multiple attempts at turning the Masonic Temple into something. So yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and call this one "outdated."

Interior Architecture faculty member Robert Bernier BAR ’80 recently received an award of excellence from the American Society of Architectural Illustrators (ASAI), and his sketch study of Vision III Architects’ Providence Grand Hotel: Reuse of the Former Masonic Temple Site was selected for inclusion in the ASAI’s 19th annual exhibition, Architecture in Perspective.

Archived