Siganture Chefs Auction

twoshort

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chefs are very friendly and fun to talk with. (Last year I brought one of 'em a fresh raspberry off another display. You would have thought I'd handed over the title to the Keeler Bldg.) So are their support staff (some incredible stage setting appears, using fabrics and accessories).

Hint: tables/chefs nearest the door can develop a line, so circulate and find someone without a crowd. There are stand-up tables located near many of the chefs' areas.

[part of a singles group conscripted to help out]

ETA: http://www.signaturechefsauctiongr.com/

Awesome time last night. Highly recommended for next year for anyone looking to give to a good cause. The food was amazing and the auction was a lot of fun to watch. For those of us not able to drop $12k for a trip on Gainey Corp's Lear Jet, there's always the silent auction. I walked away with a cool New Holland gift basket! :thumbsup:

I volunteered last night at the auction and was wondering how people felt of the event. With all of the chefs and the items to be auctioned, it's a little difficult to keep peoples attention until the very end. Tommy Fitzgerald did a great job keeping people entertained although he was the last auctioned dinner, but does anyone have suggestions on what could make the auction portion of the night as exciting as food sampling tables beforehand?

Yeah, we didn't make it to the end. It's fun to watch people bid thousands on dinner packages, but if you're not looking to purchase the novelty wears off pretty fast. I really liked the 'bidding frenzy' thing. I think you should do that more, its something to keep the masses entertained. Before I knew how it worked it was over. Also, more raffle prizes and require that you're present to win (although it didn't look like THAT many people entered). I was bummed I didn't get the wheelbarrow full of booze :D. Maybe you could hand out the silent auction items during the live auction to keep people there?

Anyone have a floor plan showing who was there? I am trying to track down a tall, dark, handsome, friendy chef who was on the entrance wall, on the left as you walk in. He wasn't Spinnaker, was further north, but not adjacent to the Starbucks table. Was realy proud of his glazed chicken bits.

I also attended Monday's event (a first-timer for the event). It was fabulous! The food was amazing - my favorite was the bleu cheese and onion dip with the root chips at Thousand Oaks. Simple, but delicious.

The only presentation that disappointed me was six.one.six. I was really looking forward to trying some of their food, but they only offered soup.

Archived