Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Should we demand to be paid in Euros?

9 posts in this topic

Since the beginning of the year, the US Dollar has fallen in value almost 33% when compared to other world currencies. In a globalized economy this means that all of you getting paid in dollars have taken a 1/3 pay cut since the first of the year. For example, this is the real reason that oil is hitting $100/barrel. It takes more dollars to buy it.

So would you rather be paid in euros?

I think your math might be off a bit, but your point is still valid. The US Dollar has lost approximately 14% of its value since the beginning of 2007 (spot fx rate for USD/Euro was 1.27 and is now 1.45) compared to the Euro, and I believe this is the single largest move for major currencies.

To your question, I'd love to be paid in Euros, but don't think it will fly with my employer...

Yeah, we should as much work you have to these days to get so little in return. BUT, you all know that we should stop borrowing money from other nations and allowing inflation to make our currency so damn worthless.

I'd love to be paid in Euros or Sterling. Hell, I'll take the Canadian Dollar at this point!

If you had a 100 euros in the bank when Bush took office, then you would have the equivalent to $147 today.

If you had 100 dollars in the bank when Bush took office, then you would only have about $78 today relative to the Euro.

An amazing difference.

I have been getting a lot more European customers these days, which is not a bad thing (for me at least) since the dollar down. Sure, I'd love to be paid in Euros or the English pound.

The cool thing about this is that everyone can be paid in what ever currency they want. We all have the freedom to move to live in those regions and work/start businesses there!

The cool thing about this is that everyone can be paid in what ever currency they want. We all have the freedom to move to live in those regions and work/start businesses there!

My cousin has an MBA, lives in Germany (she's American), is married to a German guy, and can literally not find work. It isn't as easy as you think.