Who REALLY knows climate change?

BUILDIT

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen Al Gore's movie, but I've heard about the major points it brings to the table. While I know many don't agree with Al Gore, the majority of the world is bringing itself into line with these beliefs about climate change.

IMO, Climate Change is real and humanity has contributed directly to it making it worse. I think we can mitigate what we've done so far, but I have little hope of us averting a disaster. We all need to take better care of our planet and use less resources, regardless if you believe climate change is real or not.

Well, I only got six right. I really should be more informed about the current situation and historical data so for that I'm embarrassed. I'd say most of the population (in America at least) would get less than half of the answers right and many of those would get maybe a couple correct out of the ten. It is unfortunate that the media puts a screen over the actual data regarding climate change.

Well, I only got six right. I really should be more informed about the current situation and historical data so for that I'm embarrassed. I'd say most of the population (in America at least) would get less than half of the answers right and many of those would get maybe a couple correct out of the ten. It is unfortunate that the media puts a screen over the actual data regarding climate change.

I am with you 100% I think its interesting the way I get packets warning against Duke Cliffside in the mail (A new coal power plant in NC) that talks about it belching smog into the atmosphere, when really it is only releasing clear carbon dioxide and steam clouds. More perspectives need to be understood before everyone can shut down things such as coal power plants that help keep our quality of living so high and the cost so low.

I ended up with nine out of ten. I thought that pie graph was pretty interesting.

Yeah, both sides have their own agendas and biases. That's why it is best to read pretty much everything that's out there with a skeptical eye. The problem is that very few people have the scientific background necessary to look at the data and view it for what it is. They have to rely on someone, with an agenda, to tell them what it means.

Monte Heib, who wrote that little "quiz" is a former chief engineer for the West Virginia Office of Miner’s Safety. He is pro coal mining. Not exactly an unbiased source. And the Heartland Institute is affiliated with such "unbiased" think tanks as the Heritage Foundation and receives funding from Exxon and Philip Morris. Also not an unbiased source.

Anyway, here's some information about that little quiz- http://www.sudburyedc.org/blog/2007/05/16/...isleading-site/

Archived