Comerica Tower

baldy

I recently received a picture of the Detroit skyline from before Comerica Tower was built. Does anyone know what building was tore down for construction of this building? I would attach a picture, but I haven't figured out how :D

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's the building behind comerica that I am noticing. I've just never seen any photos from across the river with out comerica tower in it and I'm just not used to viewing the building from that angle. So I guess that would make it the first national bank building since it's about 25 stories tall. But I think I would see the Vinton building in front of it.

I'll post the image when I can figure out how! I've searched around and can't figure out how to post images! I don't know if there is a setting I have to change, but when I click on the IMG button it prompts for a url. Can some one help me?

Wolverine, thanks for posting those picutres! That's a really great view for before and after.

Maybe it's the building behind comerica that I am noticing. I've just never seen any photos from across the river with out comerica tower in it and I'm just not used to viewing the building from that angle. So I guess that would make it the first national bank building since it's about 25 stories tall. But I think I would see the Vinton building in front of it.

I'll post the image when I can figure out how! I've searched around and can't figure out how to post images! I don't know if there is a setting I have to change, but when I click on the IMG button it prompts for a url. Can some one help me?

Wolverine, thanks for posting those picutres! That's a really great view for before and after.

Haha, I have well over 1500 Detroit pics on my computer, so I'm sure I can find some without Comerica. Comerica fits perfectly into the cityscape...it just looks so strange in the pre-Comerica pics. Of course that also might be because I can't remember a Detroit without Comerica Tower. I posted Comerica construction pics on here at one point also.

As far as posting photos, when you press the IMG button, it will prompt you to type in a url. To find the url of a pic, right click on it, and choose "properties". One of the items listed will be "Address (URL):". Displayed next to that will be the url of the image. That is what you will copy, and then paste into the url box that comes up when you press the IMG botton.

So typing:

[img=http://www.freep.com/grafix/new_freep_logo.gif]

Will produce:

new_freep_logo.gif

Hopefully this helps.

I guess I didn't realize this site didn't allow the pictures to be uploaded on their server which was causing me problems. Since the picture is on my work computer, I will have to send it home and upload to my website space. I will update with the picture tonight.

Archived