Hampton Inn and suites

vdogg

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And, you'd end up with a horrible thing like my photoshop project posted on Page 2 of this thread! Although, looking at that, take away the parking and add a few more floors to the inhabitable space, and the concept isn't too different from the proposal.

Also, if this is a hotel catering to business travelers, there hopefully won't be too much parking demand. I, for one, HATE renting cars when I travel for business. I'll avoid it at all costs. I want to fly in, take transit or a cab to my hotel, do my meetings, and get out. If I'm staying somewhere awhile and want to sightsee, I take transit and/or walk. Hopefully business travelers to Norfolk would have a similar attitude and not require many rented cars to sit in parking decks downtown.

Social-engineering at its finest. We can get people to ride the LR, but only if we don't allow them to park downtown. Anyway, as to the design of the Hampton Inn, why was anyone here expecting something different? As part of their branding strategy, don't almost all Hampton Inns somewhat resemble this one? How much architectural significance should you expect from a hotel that is going to charge its clients <$100 a night?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That sad face of yours led me to believe it had been cancelled, which it hasn't. They're just having difficulties with the size of the lot. No problem there, they can always just buy a portion of the Granby lot.

A hotel developer's plans to build a 146-room Hampton Inn on the 100 block of W. Brambleton Ave. have slowed, he said.

Raj Randeria, a partner in Aniesh Corp., said he was supposed to begin construction on the 15-story hotel in March but is still negotiating with the city on details such as where sewer and water lines can be laid and which streets can be closed during the construction.

yeah small lots can always be a pain in the ass. Here in Portland they are building this really cool building on a small lot. B Side 6 Which to make this building work they had to lease the small parking lot behind the building to put up the crane. I love small lot construction, but they are always so hard to get off the ground with all the little things you have to go through.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Norfolk Radisson drops chain

Reason for posting this is the same developer as Hampton Inn lot, contains this nugget of information:

In addition, the developer plans to build a 15-story, 146-room Hampton Inn & Suites in the 100 block of W. Brambleton Ave. The hotel was approved a year ago by the city, but, after the site was cleared, work stalled. Randeria is soliciting bids in hopes of lowering construction costs. Work could resume by summer, he said.

Archived