Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bwithers1

New HQ moving to Nashville - possibly downtown!

11 posts in this topic

TN article on Backyard Burgers

Attached is a Tennessean article indicating that Backyard Burgers is moving its HQ from Memphis to Nashville and may be considering office space downtown or in Midtown. This is good news for the core!

Hate to see it leaving Memphis, but at least it is staying in state with the new ownership. I also like that the new ownership group is looking at downtown or midtown for their new office space, surely their needs could be meet in one of those two markets at a reasonable cost.

So I'm trying to figure out why they feel they have to move it to Nashville. Why not just leave it in the city that has made it successful. Loyalty means nothing these days. Don't get me wrong, Nashville is great, I love it. My wife and I love visiting, but that's just wrong.

I really do hope they decide to move downtown. We have Krystal's headquarters downtown here in Chattanooga. Common, Backyard Burgers, locate downtown.

So I'm trying to figure out why they feel they have to move it to Nashville. Why not just leave it in the city that has made it successful. Loyalty means nothing these days. Don't get me wrong, Nashville is great, I love it. My wife and I love visiting, but that's just wrong.

I like Back Yard Burgers. Good food at a decent price. Personally, i'm glad to have them as a corporate neighbor now.

I hate to see BYB leave Memphis. They always seemed like really good corporate citizens (charitable giving, etc.). Their suburban campus on Shelby Oaks won't be missed though. Its good to know that they won't relocate to another suburban location. We still have Lenny's Sub Shops HQ though. When I first heard of the merger, I thought for sure they would be moving to the fast food HQ capital of Atlanta. At least they stayed in the state. Good luck BYB,!

Tennessean article

More relocation potential (not necessarily downtown, though). Attached is a Tennessean article about another company, this time a bio-technology firm, possibly moving to the Nashville area from Melbourne, FL.

Tennessean article

More relocation potential (not necessarily downtown, though). Attached is a Tennessean article about another company, this time a bio-technology firm, possibly moving to the Nashville area from Melbourne, FL.

Landing this bio-tech company would a nice addition to the list of companies in the city and if successful could help lure similar companies to Nashville. I agree with Hankster that with Vandy owning a portion of the firm the odds are improved of the city landing the firm.

i would love to have this company move to Nashville. I just hope it will have its HQ in mid/downtown. I would think that Vandy's stake in the company would keep the company in that region hopefully.