Workspace, studios, and warehouses.

EastownLeo

I have been looking for a space, either warehouse or backroom, garage or the like.

I would like to work on small projects, sculpting, painting, working on vintage mopeds and bicycles. I have contacted Delta Properties about some spaces on Grandville, but I always seem to get the feeling they are trying to upsell the place. I have a price range per month of around $200. Need not much more than 200 sq. feet, needs to be heated and safe.

Where in this town can I find such a space, and if possible with a month to month lease.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$200/month is pretty cheap, so it's going to be hard to find (which I'm sure you're already aware :) )

What you need is someone with some industrial walkout basement space that they don't need and be willing to make a little income on it, and where you can easily get peds in and out (like with a garage door). What about the backside of some of the buildings on the West side of S. Division? Like where Scavenger Hunt is? I keep thinking that the building with All City Kicks has space in the back (?).

The nice things about mopeds, it that they can easily be carried up and down stairs by two people.

I guess I am looking for a more industrial space or garage area. I am thinking of contacting some of the division area businesses but most use the basements. I konw $200 is a low amount, but not considering the total required square footage.

I would love to find something in eastown but all areas are taken as far as i know.

The nice things about mopeds, it that they can easily be carried up and down stairs by two people.

I guess I am looking for a more industrial space or garage area. I am thinking of contacting some of the division area businesses but most use the basements. I konw $200 is a low amount, but not considering the total required square footage.

I would love to find something in eastown but all areas are taken as far as i know.

Having been a tenant of Delta in the past, I know they have spaces in that price range - however it ain't gonna be very great space. A lot of what they offer cheap is divided by chicken wire and padlocks without heat. Their security and common space maintenance is also well below average.

Like others have suggested above, you best bet is probably going to be to find an individual with a little extra space sitting empty. An extra garage or back room in a small industrial building.

I'd get in the car and start driving around where you'd like to be located and try to find anything that might have merit. Many times, small industrial or contractor style operations have slightly larger spaces than they really need - and yet don't have the energy or time to actively market the extra SF for lease. You might just stumble into a great deal from someone who'd simply like a couple hundred bucks a month extra in their pocket (off the books).

Archived