H21 Pratt Street wish list

grock

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately you are probably right. BBS is also much more compact and there are plenty feet on the ground. I personally was unimpressed, I found it inspired and rather bland. Can't afford to live there anyway, though living across from B&N and so close to Whole Foods would be a perk.

• 3 weeks later...

I think all are very good suggestions, but it seems that the square footage and costs to build are just too high right now. Ashame that Bliss Market fell through -- we need food downtown! Driving to Park Road, Jordan Lane, Glastonbury or WHC for groceries is just a chore... Hopefully something will come soon!

-HS-

A grocery store would be nice, but downtowners can get staples (milk, bread, eggs) at CVS and the Rose Gourmet. It seems like every one downtown shops at Peapod. Still, a grocery store will be a welcome addition. The H21 folks are building one now and are sifting through applicants to pick someone to run it.

A grocery store would be nice, but downtowners can get staples (milk, bread, eggs) at CVS and the Rose Gourmet. It seems like every one downtown shops at Peapod. Still, a grocery store will be a welcome addition. The H21 folks are building one now and are sifting through applicants to pick someone to run it.

You would think Northland would have a fast food place across from McDonald's. Every McDonald's has a Burger King or KFC across the street. There used to be a Wendy's there in the old CC mall. Maybe they see it as competing with their still unopened market. It ain't exciting but it is a usual urban amenity.

Thanks, I worked a summer job at the Wethersfield Quiznos and the temporary manager (Syed) was the owner of the Main Street Quiznos. Through a rather humorous (to me) combination of female problems, family problems, and incompetent workers, the reopening of that store was delayed from early July to August to September (I left for school again) and I guess all the way until the beginning of November. Anyway, I hope he does well; he was a nice enough guy and a pretty hard worker.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived