Ronda Tire on Market Ave. sold - what's next?

PR-15

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, it's for real. Ronda is moving to another location. Someone has big plans for that corner to get them to sell the property. Ronda's been there like 80 years (practically since the dawn of the automobile age).

Lets just hope it's not a Shell station with a mini-mart/car wash.

Very interesting. I hope some business goes in that adds value to the neighborhood.

Also, I wonder what the future holds for the parcels that are contained by Grandville AVE SW, Goodrich ST SW, Finney AVE SW and Barlett ST SW?

With Founders moving in I hope other businesses will follow.

One last question...does the property owned by Founders extend along Williams ST to Finney Ave?

I may be way off on this, but here is my take....

I think the land is being bought in speculation of the possible street car system that would be proposed along Market/Monroe up to the Sixth Street bridge. If you look at the S-curve over pass, there is plenty of room on the Eastern side of Market for either two lanes of tracks or two more lanes of traffic. On the North side of the S-curve (the triangle piece of property) we already know that Peter S. has bought one piece of property there. If you look in the Mapping software, it is owned by "74 Market LLC", the next parcel is also owned by "90 Market LLC" and the last piece is owned by "Midtown Investment Trust". Sounds like big names of people that don't want to be known. Also the west side of Market is the property owned by DeVos that was labeled the "Times Square" of Grand Rapids. My perdiction is that the street car system will run along here and some large developement will be placed across the street along the river.

As mentioned before, I maybe a long ways off :dontknow:

I may be way off on this, but here is my take....

I think the land is being bought in speculation of the possible street car system that would be proposed along Market/Monroe up to the Sixth Street bridge. If you look at the S-curve over pass, there is plenty of room on the Eastern side of Market for either two lanes of tracks or two more lanes of traffic. On the North side of the S-curve (the triangle piece of property) we already know that Peter S. has bought one piece of property there. If you look in the Mapping software, it is owned by "74 Market LLC", the next parcel is also owned by "90 Market LLC" and the last piece is owned by "Midtown Investment Trust". Sounds like big names of people that don't want to be known. Also the west side of Market is the property owned by DeVos that was labeled the "Times Square" of Grand Rapids. My perdiction is that the street car system will run along here and some large developement will be placed across the street along the river.

As mentioned before, I maybe a long ways off :dontknow:

You can go here to look up Articles of Organization, etc. for an entity. Searches found the owner of 74 Market LLC to be a Mr. Ens, with a Bridgewater address. 90 Market is a Mr. Daray, also with a Bridgewater address. A good tool... Maybe these are "puppet" owners (if such a thing exists) or an attorney?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally get what you mean by "closed shop" Dad. Interesting comment from Secchia:

"I buy old buildings when they're empty," Secchia said. "I clean them up and I try to keep them in the hands of local people so that out-of-towners won't come in and put something in and around downtown that doesn't fit the concept."

-- http://woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7368482

So what kind of concept is downtown going for? Sounds like a little bit of entitlement with some downtown property owners.

Archived