Ronda Tire on Market Ave. sold - what's next?

PR-15

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard the same story from other sources. That the money was there, the prospects were real and it got crushed. I'm sure rumours of the Mystery Project will linger for years.

Joe

Sir, because you are the closest that anyone has ever been to being completely correct about "THAT" project, I have to speak up now. You would be shocked if you knew that a certain well-known and "beloved" local person paid $8 million to orchestrate the killing of "THAT" project. :whistling:

If you are a pro-GR diversification/expansion person, you would probably get pissed if you discovered that this "killing" pissed off a certain NYC/LA media conglomerate that was poised to underwrite a midwest feeder hub for film, television and urban music on "THAT" site. As a person in the know, I am amazed that I havn't yet exploded from how angry I still am about the loss of "THAT" project. Think of Duane as just "the floating head talking to Dorothy and her crew". Famous rabbits and famous magazines are the true "wizards behind the curtain" in this tale.

Sir, because you are the closest that anyone has ever been to being completely correct about "THAT" project, I have to speak up now. You would be shocked if you knew that a certain well-known and "beloved" local person paid $8 million to orchestrate the killing of "THAT" project. :whistling:

If you are a pro-GR diversification/expansion person, you would probably get pissed if you discovered that this "killing" pissed off a certain NYC/LA media conglomerate that was poised to underwrite a midwest feeder hub for film, television and urban music on "THAT" site. As a person in the know, I am amazed that I havn't yet exploded from how angry I still am about the loss of "THAT" project. Think of Duane as just "the floating head talking to Dorothy and her crew". Famous rabbits and famous magazines are the true "wizards behind the curtain" in this tale.

I think you need to chill on this subject just a little bit ;) Only a little though, cause I always enjoy reading what you have to say!

I'd wager it has less to do with trying to dictate to GR what's good for us and a whole lot more to do with protecting investments and opportunities. They didn't get rich by accident. You and I may resent it at times and what's best for their business prospects may not always be in the cities best interest, but often enough it is. Do I wish economic power was a little more widely distributed? Yes sir, very much so. However I don't think it's a vast citizen control conspiracy...

Rizz:

The "THAT" project had a multi-billion dollar price-tag. The "local favorite son" guy paid $8 million to assassinate the character of Faust and the credibility of "THAT" project (all the while having no idea that the NYC/LA super-media player that he had pissed off would have been one of GR's greatest boosters and allies).

I am SOOO ready for an enraged groundswell of voices to tell these "local favorite sons" to keep their opinions about "WHAT IS GOOD FOR GR" to themselves. These folk need to look at it like this: if daily living in GR could be symbolized as symphony, country, heavy metal and opera, they would need to be informed that in the rest of the world, "symphony, country, heavy metal and opera" don't play well when presented as "what everybody likes or should like".

GR has made so much progress, has so much potential but, it seems, has multi-generational light-years to go until how it looks and grows is not dictated by the two-dimensional, close-minded views of its revered "local favorite sons".

Rizz:

The "THAT" project had a multi-billion dollar price-tag. The "local favorite son" guy paid $8 million to assassinate the character of Faust and the credibility of "THAT" project (all the while having no idea that the NYC/LA super-media player that he had pissed off would have been one of GR's greatest boosters and allies).

I am SOOO ready for an enraged groundswell of voices to tell these "local favorite sons" to keep their opinions about "WHAT IS GOOD FOR GR" to themselves. These folk need to look at it like this: if daily living in GR could be symbolized as symphony, country, heavy metal and opera, they would need to be informed that in the rest of the world, "symphony, country, heavy metal and opera" don't play well when presented as "what everybody likes or should like".

GR has made so much progress, has so much potential but, it seems, has multi-generational light-years to go until how it looks and grows is not dictated by the two-dimensional, close-minded views of its revered "local favorite sons".

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard through the grapevine if the old three story printing building (the name alludes me) is staying? It really is a nice building and would look great with some new windows and a new facade. I don't know what the plans are for this area, but I'd like to see this building retained.

Just wondered if the fact that they only knocked down the one story building was an indication that the 3 story building may be spared. :)

Joe

Has anyone heard through the grapevine if the old three story printing building (the name alludes me) is staying? It really is a nice building and would look great with some new windows and a new facade. I don't know what the plans are for this area, but I'd like to see this building retained.

Just wondered if the fact that they only knocked down the one story building was an indication that the 3 story building may be spared. :)

Joe

Correct and correct. CPC only rented the building though, i can't remember who owns it.

It is a great building, although the interior would need to be totally gutted. And the whole place is pretty chemically. The banana room in the basement is pretty cool though.

• 2 months later...

Archived