Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgreven

38 Commerce Development

350 posts in this topic

Nice shot, John.

Here are a few more for out-of-towners like me who don't get to see these projects regularly!

4409188926_6874928354.jpg4409197630_bc3fa38348.jpg4408483951_8acc5fbb77.jpg

I think the glass will reflect 38's brick neighbors quite nicely.

4408423589_7db87855b7.jpg4409209598_279d3bfd9e.jpg

Nice shot John. Thirty Eight is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see more people on Commerce!

Joe

I wonder if the corner with the curved glass is going to be offices? That would be a pretty damn awesome office view!

Yes, that is part of the offices building. I believe Adtegrity will be moving into the 2nd and 3rd floors. Like the condos a couple of the office floors are two-story.

~John

Found out today that 30 of the 35 apartments here are rented already! (it just opened last week).

Big Grand Opening event May 27th, with live music and art covering two floors of the office space. When I get more details, I'll try and post them.

Found out today that 30 of the 35 apartments here are rented already! (it just opened last week).

Condo sales not as brisk, but not bad. Big Grand Opening event May 27th, with live music and art covering two floors of the office space. When I get more details, I'll try and post them.

Article about DT condos

"Jessica Ionni, 23, moved in to her fourth-floor, $775 a month one-bedroom unit on April 5."

Anyone else see that price as a little steep? (Yes, I know that it's for a brand-new condo downtown, but then I drink tap water.)

Article about DT condos

"Jessica Ionni, 23, moved in to her fourth-floor, $775 a month one-bedroom unit on April 5."

Anyone else see that price as a little steep? (Yes, I know that it's for a brand-new condo downtown, but then I drink tap water.)

When I was renting (less than three years ago), I was paying $600 for 2br, 1 bath, and close to 1000 sf.

Yeah, I know, 23yo make different lifestyle choices. I just can't see spending most of one paycheck on rent.

When I was renting (less than three years ago), I was paying $600 for 2br, 1 bath, and close to 1000 sf.

Yeah, I know, 23yo make different lifestyle choices. I just can't see spending most of one paycheck on rent.

I think a few things need to be taken into consideration. ...Do we know that the rent is most of one paycheck? ...

Article about DT condos

These prices would at least be enticing to people moving into GR from out of town (like folks in the medical field, for instance). If you're new to the area and you want to live in the middle of the city, $775/month is likely to be way more reasonable than wherever you're coming from.

I drink tap water too, and the first thing I thought from reading that article was that I would LOVE to pay $775 a month for housing - and to live in GR on top of that! I need to move back.wub.gif

If the market will bear it. It doesn't seem to unreasonable. What does a new apartment in a upscale developement run in the burbs these days?

These prices would at least be enticing to people moving into GR from out of town (like folks in the medical field, for instance). If you're new to the area and you want to live in the middle of the city, $775/month is likely to be way more reasonable than wherever you're coming from.

I drink tap water too, and the first thing I thought from reading that article was that I would LOVE to pay $775 a month for housing - and to live in GR on top of that! I need to move back.wub.gif

And to be a cheerleader, I drove by 38 on Saturday, it looked fantastic and I bet the balconies have a great view. $775 seems on the cheap to me for its proximity to nightlife and events.

Joe

I paid $600 for my studio at American Seating right when it opened up (what.. 8 years ago?).. $775 isn't bad. I'd pay it to live down there..

38 looks incredible at night. Can't wait for the grand opening party!

I took some shots of 38 the other day. I love how it fits in with the rest of the block. Anyone know what is going on with the retail/restaurant portion? I heard AK Rikks is putting a temporary location in (with possibility of being permanent?).

4746605759_f142f854fd.jpg

4746606535_ec37ef2e4a.jpg

Joe

I took some shots of 38 the other day. I love how it fits in with the rest of the block. Anyone know what is going on with the retail/restaurant portion? I heard AK Rikks is putting a temporary location in (with possibility of being permanent?).

4746605759_f142f854fd.jpg

4746606535_ec37ef2e4a.jpg

Joe

+1.

The clarity of the reflection off the windows is magnificent.