38 Commerce Development

mgreven

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Three separate buildings: ramp, office/restaurant, residential/retail.

I'd imagine they'll be built as if it was a single project, but I don't think that's a requirement. Some of it just depends on the city choosing a contractor for the ramp.

I don't really have any info on contractors or the city's progress on bidding the thing out.

Bringing in demolition rig. Photo taken from roof of 21 Weston.

3061530857_c2f49a927b_b.jpg

Start of demoliton from roof of 50 Weston.

3061537725_8dca130a57_b.jpg

More photos in the 38 Commerce album set of my Flickr Photos.

I also uploaded a five and a half minute video to YouTube:

They started just after 4 PM and were planning on working on it for about an hour but had to stop due to cutting one of the hydralic lines. They will be going full speed ahead on Monday December first.

Best and Blessings Always,

~John

Bringing in demolition rig. Photo taken from roof of 21 Weston.

3061530857_c2f49a927b_b.jpg

Start of demoliton from roof of 50 Weston.

3061537725_8dca130a57_b.jpg

More photos in the 38 Commerce album set of my Flickr Photos.

I also uploaded a five and a half minute video to YouTube:

They started just after 4 PM and were planning on working on it for about an hour but had to stop due to cutting one of the hydralic lines. They will be going full speed ahead on Monday December first.

Best and Blessings Always,

~John

Have they closed on the adjoining parking lot yet?

good morning all - i've been lurking for a few months, time to check in.

i'm working on the architecture side of the project. i don't think it's betraying any secrets to say that the project is out for bids as we speak...bids are due in a couple weeks, with construction to begin as soon thereafter as humanly possible.

the building permit is in hand - having "city-approved plans" was the last thing holding up demolition of the existing building - and both pioneer and locus are raring to go. i'd be very surprised if we didn't see concrete and site crews out there very soon.

good morning all - i've been lurking for a few months, time to check in.

i'm working on the architecture side of the project. i don't think it's betraying any secrets to say that the project is out for bids as we speak...bids are due in a couple weeks, with construction to begin as soon thereafter as humanly possible.

the building permit is in hand - having "city-approved plans" was the last thing holding up demolition of the existing building - and both pioneer and locus are raring to go. i'd be very surprised if we didn't see concrete and site crews out there very soon.

The building is now down:

3081142176_5c4038e755.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johne777/3081...57610149404257/

They had a problem with the wall falling onto Commerce two times. The last time was today with the corner going out almost damaging a parking meter and a fire hydrant. One of the workers said the building almost came down on it's own. It was in real bad shape.

You can see more demolition pictures in the 38 Commerce album set of my Flickr Photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johne777

Quite an exciting day with the building coming down, the crane being set up behind 21 Weston for the Gallery On Fulton project and seeing a machine blow an hydralic line while hammering at the concrete of the old parking ramp. I also got a zoomed in shot from the roof of 21 Weston of the top of the VAI Phase II building while a few workers where up there.

~John

Archived