Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo

How flight paths look over America

6 posts in this topic

I ran across this video this morning and thought it was very cool. It shows the flight paths over the US and just how busy our skies are today:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

That's pretty incredible. Amazing how the east coast seems so much busier than the west. I wonder if that is ALL flights, including passenger, cargo, and small private planes?

Viewing the flight data in this way makes the US appear to be some kind of living organism.

You can really pick out the hubs and major air routes. What I would find very interesting is what this picture would have looked like 25 or 30 years ago, back before or just after deregulation. It would laso be interesting to see if there would be a way to adjust Atlanta, which is currently Delta's hub, into what it may have looked like if they did indeed go under.

Yes, seeing the progression of the routes of flights flights from the beginning of commercial flight until today would definitely be something that would be interesting to see.