Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgman

South Shore line

5 posts in this topic

I take the South Shore line quite a bit since I work a lot in Chicago but live most of the time in SW Michigan and I was reading about the Gary mayor changing his mind on combining the Downtown Metro center stop and the Miller Beach stop. So I thought it was a good time to discuss the future of the line. So you can talk about the expansion projects or just every day operation.

Personally, I cannot believe how crowded the trains are. Especially the rush hour trains but even weekend trains are often packed. I would like to see capacity improvements myself and I would be all for the consolidation of stops. Of course the real problems occur when the trains cross over to metra tracks and it takes for ever to go just a few miles. Increasing the speed would be great but I think it would be too much money especially since it would be metra tracks. Also, Millenium Station is gorgeous. I always assumed that the station would be under construction forever but it really has turned out great. I really like the look of the other new stations too. I am sure some people out there want better parking, so discuss what you like and do not like about the service.

I like its price and convenience.

I can't think of anything I don't like. Sure it can seem a little slow at times, but when weighed with the alternative.. it simply isn't a concern that bothers me any.

Granted, I use the line for leisure rather than commuting.

I like its price and convenience.

I can't think of anything I don't like. Sure it can seem a little slow at times, but when weighed with the alternative.. it simply isn't a concern that bothers me any.

Granted, I use the line for leisure rather than commuting.

I attend Valparaiso University, and I take the South Shore on some weekends and it is ALWAYS crowded. Last weekend there were at least a dozen passengers who had to stand up all the way to Millenium Station because of the crowds. I really hope that it gets extended down to Valparaiso and Lowell soon. The expansion is currently being studied, but is very expensive.

I also like the South Shore line because it is free to members of the military.

I attend Valparaiso University, and I take the South Shore on some weekends and it is ALWAYS crowded. Last weekend there were at least a dozen passengers who had to stand up all the way to Millenium Station because of the crowds. I really hope that it gets extended down to Valparaiso and Lowell soon. The expansion is currently being studied, but is very expensive.

I also like the South Shore line because it is free to members of the military.