Election for Fayetteville Mayor

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the supporters of both Clark and Eilers will see that the direction of the city is more important than either candidate's need to not publicly support Coody. They have shown that their positions on what the future of Fayetteville should be are closer to Coody's.

Jordan won.

:cry: what are the people in this city thinking?

We just lost the man who put Fayetteville on the sustainability map. The man who struck a balance between green and business.

I am extremely disappointed. I thought Fayetteville was smarter than this. Now we have Barney Fife, king of the NIMBYs running things.

I am already embarrassed for the first time Lioneld Jordan speaks at a mayor's conference somewhere. Will he even do that?

This sucks.

Jordan won.

We just lost the man who put Fayetteville on the sustainability map. The man who struck a balance between green and business.

I am extremely disappointed. I thought Fayetteville was smarter than this. Now we have Barney Fife, king of the NIMBYs running things.

I am already embarrassed for the first time Lioneld Jordan speaks at a mayor's conference somewhere. Will he even do that?

This sucks.

I didn't think the results would be out last night so I waited till early this morning. Pretty disappointing results. Looks like Jordan got 57% of the vote. I guess all the other candidates throwing their support to Jordan helped. Pretty depressing start to the holidays. :( As if the economy wasn't bad enough. I keep hoping to myself that maybe Jordan won't be as bad as I think. But I don't know I've got a bad feeling about this.

Jordan won.

This sucks.

I'm pretty surprised that it ended up this way, however it was my fear the whole time. I guess there is some consolation that maybe we should turn down projects while the economy is down, and that if there is ever a good penalty for the head guy for being involved in a project that wasted $60 million it is getting ousted.

Now that Jordan is the mayor(-elect), I plan on giving him hell about everything. If they think their fraternity of old-Fayetteville can keep this town important they've got to be crazy. Say goodbye to Walton Arts Center possibly, and especially Green Valley unless Coody steps into make sure they are supported. We just went from progressive to digressive. Jordan's 90-day plan of meeting with local business leaders and community leaders is surely going to take away momentum from Green Valley type companies and probably end up showing his true colors.

Looking at the possiblities for the future I see...

1. Fayetteville being involved in lawsuits about development issues and even Kit Williams will not be able to dissuade the Jordan adminstration from making the foolish mistakes leading to them.

2. Jordan's plan for a multilane loop around the city will not happen or even be discussed much. Mistakes that will harm Fayetteville's transportation network for decades to come will be made.

3. Jordan's plan for the meetings will lead to increased influence of radical anti-development activists in city government to the detriment of Fayetteville's economic health. The Green Valley idea will move to Benton County with Jordan's approval.

4. Jordan will not be able to do anything to increase the wages of those making less than $30K per year- the arrogance of thinking that he can will lead to more time wasted doing nothing.

5. City employees not already organized will take steps to do so with Jordan's approval.

Those trails are my primary means of transportation, even though I have a very nice car. I really cannot understand the mentality of people down here who think walking is not a viable means of transportation, most people down here could have a double amputation and not even notice.

Those trails are my primary means of transportation, even though I have a very nice car. I really cannot understand the mentality of people down here who think walking is not a viable means of transportation, most people down here could have a double amputation and not even notice.

I see no gold-lined trails? Anyone else see any gold? Those trails are doing nothing good of course. They are raising property values, creating a network that offers alternative transportation, gives another means to exercise (god itself knows we need that), gives our children a place to play other than in the streets (yes this does happen), creates a better feeling of community and desire for Fayetteville, increases the "green" effect of the region, should I go on about how terrible the trails are?

And with trails costing us money, they raise property value (Just so you know, property values rise when there is something that people want within its vacinity. Wasn

We don't necessarily have to get behind Jordan because he is not our boss, we are his. So whatever we can do to correct his steps can be made diplomatically. My knee-jerk reaction to the election results was to give him hell. I think he needs the large-portion of citizens who were against him to be watchdogs for his actions. Their voice can not be discounted too, especially for him as a people-pleaser.

In the end though, he has more power and possibly more sympathizers on the council right now so he might get his way. We will see how much they respect him after he finishes his term.

Archived