Uptown wedding reception site

BB in QC

My brother recently got engaged and he and his fiance are in the beginning stages of planning a wedding. He asked me if there were any good places I could think of to have his reception uptown and I completly blanked. Other than the obvious hotels does anyone know of a good place to hold a reception? I tried to do some research but didn't come up with anything great. Thanks in advance

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My brother recently got engaged and he and his fiance are in the beginning stages of planning a wedding. He asked me if there were any good places I could think of to have his reception uptown and I completly blanked. Other than the obvious hotels does anyone know of a good place to hold a reception? I tried to do some research but didn't come up with anything great. Thanks in advance

If money is no object: I would suggest either the Bank of America atrium, which converts really nicely for wedding parties with the elegant staircases; or the Green, which I have seen used nicely for a reception (especially since it tends to draw ego-stroking onlookers).

For a mid-range budget: I believe Spirit Square rents space for receptions. Also, there are nice reception rooms in both sports stadiums if the spouses are big spors fans. It would be worth inquiring at Blumenthal and the Convention Center to see if they have space available of an appropriate size. And of course several hotels have good reception space.

For a limited budget: I'm pretty sure you can reserve either Fourth Ward Park or Marshall Park for this kind of event, both of which are scenic and good for daytime gatherings. Check with Parks and Rec.

Also the Charlotte City Club. Arrangements can be made if you aren't a member or don't have a member-sponsor for your event. Their events are very well run and I'm familiar with several weddings/receptions that have taken place there in honor of non-members. They seemed pretty seamless.

If you've never been, the views (from all sides) are incredible.

All great spots. I have been to events to the City Club, Museum of Craft+Design and Room with a View. Have also seen events being held at The Green and Marshall Park.

At the first two, you definitely feel like you are in the middle of the city, whereas Room with a View is a little further away from Tryon Street. The museum is my favorite venue downtown if the weather outside is going to be nice. If it is not a time of year you would want to be out on the patio, then the City Club is tops on my list. Bentleys is up there too, but I don't believe it is as spacious as the City Club.

Ironically enough I got married over the weekend in Charlotte. We had our ceremony at First United Methodist on 8th and Tryon. Our rehearsal dinner was at Charlotte City Club. (speak with Nathan he's very helpful) I believe the view from there surpasses Bentley's.

I can't sing the praises enough about both of these locations.

The reception though was truly the icing on the cake, as it should be. We had that at Byron's South End.

http://www.designcentercarolinas.com/events/events.cfm

Many who've been in Charlotte longer than I (4 years and change) will know Byron's as the former Spaghetti Warehouse.

It is an outstanding venue if you're looking for something with an urban feel. All of our guests were very complimentary and the staff there did an excellent job.

Ironically enough I got married over the weekend in Charlotte. We had our ceremony at First United Methodist on 8th and Tryon. Our rehearsal dinner was at Charlotte City Club. (speak with Nathan he's very helpful) I believe the view from there surpasses Bentley's.

I can't sing the praises enough about both of these locations.

The reception though was truly the icing on the cake, as it should be. We had that at Byron's South End.

http://www.designcentercarolinas.com/events/events.cfm

Many who've been in Charlotte longer than I (4 years and change) will know Byron's as the former Spaghetti Warehouse.

It is an outstanding venue if you're looking for something with an urban feel. All of our guests were very complimentary and the staff there did an excellent job.

By the way, I spent my wedding night at the Dunhill and cannot recommend it strongly enough. They have an excellent honeymoon package that, from what I recall, offered more bang for the buck than any other uptown hotel. Also, if the service and reception are uptown you can easily charter a horse & carriage to take the lucky couple away after it's all done.

Isn't there a great rooftop location above the Courtyard Marriott on S. Tryon St.? I was there once for a Charlotte Sting party at night a couple years back. I'm not sure if it has a name...(heck that could be the Room With A View you guys are talking about)

Archived