A Holiday Challenge To You All

Rhino6885

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

It's a bit of a hike, but you could also try the Rockford Footwear Depot (Wolverine World Wide Factory Outlet Store). They have all the Wolverine brands (Merrell, Wolverine, Cat), most of which are made locally, including their new Patagonia stuff. Last time I was there, it seemed like they had a pretty good selection of sandals (both leather and non-leather).

http://www.therockfordnetwork.com/rockford...ld-Wide-Inc.htm

It's a bit of a hike, but you could also try the Rockford Footwear Depot (Wolverine World Wide Factory Outlet Store). They have all the Wolverine brands (Merrell, Wolverine, Cat), most of which are made locally, including their new Patagonia stuff. Last time I was there, it seemed like they had a pretty good selection of sandals (both leather and non-leather).

http://www.therockfordnetwork.com/rockford...ld-Wide-Inc.htm

It's a good suggestion, but almost none of the products there are made locally. Wolverine outsources virtually all of its production to China. Many of the products are designed locally, however. I believe the only Michigan made products are military boots (as a result of government restrictions) and some of the leather used in some of its products (which is made at a tannery in Rockford and exported).

• 1 month later...

A couple of new needs:

--Camera repair. Cracked lens on my Aiptek digital video/still camera. (I called a place on Division, and they scoffed at the brand name, refused to even assess the patient.)

--Red shoe laces. Now that Fred no longer contains shoe repair, I can't find a source. (Unless I buy a wholesale lot off Ebay...)

TIA

• 3 months later...

Hey all:

I highly suggest grabbing one of the Local First coupon books for $15. The book gives you sweet deals that make the $15 investment worth it over and over.

In fact if you purchase the coupon book at Literary Life Bookstore, you will receive a free book from Lit Life.

Get one while they're hot!

~TripleG

Archived