Drought in SC

krazeeboi

I just recently viewed these maps detailing drought conditions across the US. I didn't realize that the Southern Piedmont, which for us would include the Upstate, was getting hit the hardest in the South.

14555264.jpg

14555291.jpg

Besides encouraging conservation on an individual level, what controls do we have in place to mitigate the effects of drought? I fear this will be one of those incidences when we fail to learn from other areas (i.e., Atlanta and its dwindling water supply).

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The past few hurricane seasons had storms hitting up Texas and Louisiana's gulf coasts. Without the major storms they would be very dry.

It has been years since the Carolinas were hit with a major hurricane. We are overdue for one. I hate to wish it, but we need a major storm that can come in and rain for days. Next year maybe?

Archived