n00b question - building height restriction downtown

frankieb96

I've searched, be it very briefly, but i DID search for it. . .and came up with nothing.

does someone have a concrete answer as to WHY it seems like building height is severly capped downtown?? i heard it was because of the airport(exec) being so close. . .but i really am not sure that's 100% of the answer here.

you would certainly think by NOW there would be some building taller than the suntrust by a very good margin. if there is a cap on it, will it ever be lifted?

just curious, thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've searched, be it very briefly, but i DID search for it. . .and came up with nothing.

does someone have a concrete answer as to WHY it seems like building height is severly capped downtown?? i heard it was because of the airport(exec) being so close. . .but i really am not sure that's 100% of the answer here.

you would certainly think by NOW there would be some building taller than the suntrust by a very good margin. if there is a cap on it, will it ever be lifted?

just curious, thanks!

According to Orlando City Code Section 58.110 the most intense zoning downtown is AC-3A. AC-3 has a permitted restriction of 200 ft. AC-3A having a footnote (7) which reads: As limited by the Airport Zoning height restrictions or FAA.

Archived