North End Projects - Camp NorthEnd, Lockwood, Greenville, Double Oaks

dubone

• 3 weeks later...

One of many rezonings was apartments and townhouse at W 24th St and Catalina Ave (right next to that plane in the middle of the field!)

Here's the rezoning page.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/05/16/two-hotels-north-end-apartments-approved-at-may.html

No elevations or renderings, just site plans of four blocks of structures, connecting the current Catalina stub to 24th St and 25th St.

Any residents attend the meetings?

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

Could not locate a Lockwood thread and I'm really not sure if this belongs here but I was out doing a commercial property inspection at 1014 N. Tryon St and ran across what appears to be a tiny container camp behind that old fenced off gas station just outside of uptown. This property is on the right hand side just after you cross under the train tracks headed north. Anyone have any info on with this parcel?

IMG_20170615_141136.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Who owns the trestle? The upright concrete colums? The metal understructure for the rails?

Pretty sure its gonna be Norfolk Southern (slight chance its the NCRR but I doubt it)

Edited by kermit

I am sure this was a grade crossing 150 years ago across public Tryon Street. We are in an age where the buildout of freight rail is so far past completion that these issues of ownership, improvement and maintenance are of our great grandfathers' time. My ggfather likely was familiar with civic discussion of trestle construction, rail entitlements and so on. Of course, in his time Railroad companies jerked the chain of any and all elected bodies.

3 minutes ago, kermit said:

Pretty sure its gonna be Norfolk Southern

44 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I am sure this was a grade crossing 150 years ago across public Tryon Street. We are in an age where the buildout of freight rail is so far past completion that these issues of ownership, improvement and maintenance are of our great grandfathers' time. My ggfather likely was familiar with civic discussion of trestle construction, rail entitlements and so on. Of course, in his time Railroad companies jerked the chain of any and all elected bodies.

Yes owned by Norfolk Southern according to my brother who is a train enthusiast. And they rarely will abandon a line completely. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thinking about putting an offer on a house in Enderley Park. 1933 Craftsman. Anybody own property around here? Seems like a nice house, just not sure if its a good investment in the area or not. What do you guys think?

18 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Thinking about putting an offer on a house in Enderley Park. 1933 Craftsman. Anybody own property around here? Seems like a nice house, just not sure if its a good investment in the area or not. What do you guys think?

Would consider Enderly Park a West Side neighborhood instead of a North End neighborhood. I live in neighboring Seversville and can tell you in the 1.5 years I've lived in the house the neighborhood has rapidly changed. My house was the first on the block to "flip" - since then I've seen 9 new flips and significant investment on townhomes. Lots of new builds and renos with the price point for a renovated 3bd/2ba slowly creeping up to 400K. The question mark that I would have about Enderly Park is which way does the West End investment head next. Wesley Heights is essentially tapped out for investment. Seversville/Biddleville have lots of room but not at the super low price point many flippers are looking for (For instance, .25 acre plots are running 100-130K in these neighborhoods). Smallwood is slightly behind them. Is Enderly Park the next logical move? I *think* so, although I have not invested there. Some of the continued investment along Freedom Drive in apartments would seem to indicate that. On a side note, crime is not nearly as bad as people think - but there is some petty stuff like car break ins on a rather frequent basis.

Not a professional, so take all of this as opinion.

53 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

My realtor is about to buy a lot there. Take that with a grain of salt, but her hands are all in the whole grassroots activism side of the local market, so it may be a hot lead.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

I think enderly will change.  You won't see the 400k houses for several years though but if it's a long term hold you'll be fine. On that note I see paying 80-110k for rentals in enderly. That would scare the hell out of me. Nothing on mls in enderly is a deal. I'd look to pay 50-70k in enderly with a tenant in place and no repairs up front.  They are out there but not with an agent. 

Im a big smallwood fan and just sold a home there.  Really like the area but it's tough to find anything under 110 now

Just now, QClifer said:

I think enderly will change.  You won't see the 400k houses for several years though but if it's a long term hold you'll be fine. On that note I see paying 80-110k for rentals in enderly. That would scare the hell out of me. Nothing on mls in enderly is a deal. I'd look to pay 50-70k in enderly with a tenant in place and no repairs up front.  They are out there but not with an agent. 

Im a big smallwood fan and just sold a home there.  Really like the area but it's tough to find anything under 110 now

yea, 115 for 4 bed 1.5 bath, tenants in place. 

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

When will the Actually start on the Camp North End Redevelopment? 

They are doing utility work now and they are some tenants in there now Hygge coworking space, a motorcycle shop, some other small offices. Plus they are doing a lot of programming and events now. 

• Like 1