North End Projects - Camp NorthEnd, Lockwood, Greenville, Double Oaks

dubone

This is a new North End project along N Tryon Street from the Business Journal.

""Tryon QOF LLC, affiliated with Austin-based Artesia Real Estate, purchased the 195,175-square-foot building at 1801 N. Tryon St. this week for $8.8 million, according to Mecklenburg County real estate records. The property, which dates back to the 1930s, has been the longtime home of the City North Business Center, a flex space that's been home to hundreds of small businesses over the years.  When construction work is complete at the building, which is being rebranded as General Assembly, it will contain 100,000 square feet of adaptive-reuse office space and 25,000 square feet of retail space,""

another interesting name General Assembly do these Texans know that is what our legislative body is called?     Called that they said because they will have lots of common space to assemble.  

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/11/10/inside-plans-to-convert-large-warehouse-just-north.html

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KJHburg said:

This is a new North End project along N Tryon Street from the Business Journal.

""Tryon QOF LLC, affiliated with Austin-based Artesia Real Estate, purchased the 195,175-square-foot building at 1801 N. Tryon St. this week for $8.8 million, according to Mecklenburg County real estate records. The property, which dates back to the 1930s, has been the longtime home of the City North Business Center, a flex space that's been home to hundreds of small businesses over the years.  When construction work is complete at the building, which is being rebranded as General Assembly, it will contain 100,000 square feet of adaptive-reuse office space and 25,000 square feet of retail space,""

another interesting name General Assembly do these Texans know that is what our legislative body is called?     Called that they said because they will have lots of common space to assemble.  

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/11/10/inside-plans-to-convert-large-warehouse-just-north.html

Interesting. I have a warehouse space in there. They havent informed us yet that ive seen. I'm about to move out anyway though, so doesnt really impact me.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's incredible to see the level of growth and regentrification of the close-in neighborhoods.  It's very good on one hand to see these areas grow and become more affluent - No one wants to see things more run down and crime ridden.  On the other hand it's tough to see families priced out of the area too.  Really highlights the economic mobility problems that have come to light recently on other reports about Charlotte.

Would be cool if mixed income housing could be developed on excess County/City properties.  Just seems like it didn't work with Pappas at Scaleybark.

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

This is a good summary article on Camp North End including a tenants list.  I think they left off Ally Bank which is opening an innovation center there as well.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/150665/camp-north-end/

They listed it under "TruMark Studios" which is Ally's name for their design center at Camp North End. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This renovation looks nice at the "General Assembly" on N Tryon in the old city north business center.

Subscriber article

""General Assembly will consist of 125,000 square feet of adaptive-reuse space at 1801 N. Tryon St. in Charlotte's North End. Austin, Texas-based Artesia Real Estate purchased the building, which totals nearly 200,000 square feet, for $8.8 million in November. The 1930s-era building has been the longtime home of the City North Business Center, a coalition of hundreds of small office, warehouse and retail tenants.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/01/17/renderings-dramatic-transformation-in-store-for.html?ana=e_du_prem&s=article_du&ed=2019-01-17&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1547756804&j=86121561

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Graham-N Tryon wedge continues to be the flourishing edge of gentrification in Charlotte. This building across from Amtrak and adjacent to WSOC was being partially demoed today (circled area). I was just driving by but it looked like the businesses on the Southside of the building will remain. I believe the big warehouse portion at the rear of the property was also scraped.

6942F65A-0EAD-4F1B-AA37-A5996F41629A.jpeg

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, kermit said:

The Graham-N Tryon wedge continues to be the flourishing edge of gentrification in Charlotte. This building across from Amtrak and adjacent to WSOC was being partially demoed today (circled area). I was just driving by but it looked like the businesses on the Southside of the building will remain. I believe the big warehouse portion at the rear of the property was also scraped.

6942F65A-0EAD-4F1B-AA37-A5996F41629A.jpeg

This is called "General Assembly." They are removing about 75k of the 200k warehouse. In the end it'll be 125k of adaptive reuse. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/01/17/renderings-dramatic-transformation-in-store-for.html