North End Projects - Camp NorthEnd, Lockwood, Greenville, Double Oaks

dubone

Got the plans coming my way shortly, but here you go guys. This is gonna be fudgeing huge. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 5.08.20 PM.pngEdit: Here are the future buildout plans. I think this will be a really long drawn out build and they are just mapping out and creating entitlements for now. But yea. This will be Bigly transformative

.ATCOrezoning_Page_07.thumb.jpg.992534b4c90156038c21ccc7e2895100.jpg

Edited by Guest

On 3/4/2017 at 5:23 PM, QClifer said:

Does anybody remember when the brewery on Woodward (north side of Hercules) is supposed to open?  I believe it was going to be a 2nd Heist brewery. Does not look like any construction has started. 

I think its rezoning was JUST approved. The still have to get planning dept approval and permits.

If you want to see old factories turned into offices retail and very cool spaces head 2 hours north of Charlotte to downtown Durham. All over the city they have turned their old brick tobacco warehouses and cigarette factories into loft offices, retail, apartments etc. That is why I so excited about Camp North End. Charlotte never had factories like downtown Durham or even Winston. Our mills were in the then suburbs. Check out these photos I took today around the American Tobacco Factory Campus in downtown Durham. If you haven't been up there go easy Saturday day trip. Here is one building I saw I loved being renovated now. 

DSCN0144.JPG

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

It goes back to its historical roots. It was a military base during WW II hence the camp name. But before that is was the Ford Model T plant. After WW II it became a missile assembly plant during the Cold War. The Camp name goes back to the military heritage. The first time I heard South End I thought that was crazy too (the north end of South Blvd?) but it obviously grew on me.  I love this project and what it will do for that entire area and the city as a whole. People will be saying in the future meet me at such and such at Camp North End. I do believe this is our Ponce City Market like in Atlanta but spread over more buildings. 

This is from a Business Journal article this morning 

The first project, expected to get underway this summer, will open up the 18,000-square-foot Raceway Building at the heart of the site for new uses. A site plan for the building indicates several spaces, as small as 508 square feet up to 4,521 square feet, will accommodate tenants or be leased out for events. Hemmerdinger said one-half to two-thirds of that space is already accounted for

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, jjwilli said:

Is the old rail line through this property abandoned? If not, who owns it? It could make for a nice trail into uptown from this part of town.

Its abandoned about a block away, there were plans for the Red Line to run through the property one day. Hopefully that gets re-realized as Light Rail. 

26 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Abandoned? Are you sure? Rail companies rarely surrender property voluntarily. Unused, long vacant, dead end, sure.

Sorry, I mispoke. The tracks that go through this complex stop just about 1/2 a mile short of connecting to ADM. Probably wouldn't be that hard to reconnect. They do also connect to the big Yard on N. Tryon 

Edited by Guest

^ Yeah, NS stopped maintaining the tracks from (roughly) McGee lumber down to the CSX tracks. Despite pulling up some rail around the CSX tracks, they certainly did not abandon the right of way. They also _will not_ abandon the ROW any time soon (despite the disuse) since the tracks are the end of the only North-South connection that Norfolk Southern owns through NC (they just lease their primary tracks through the state)

• 2 weeks later...

Camp NorthEnd scores its 3rd tenant Hygge coworking space taking 10,000 sq ft. This place is becoming alive quickly. http://www.charlottefive.com/hygge-camp-north-end/  and more press here https://www.charlotteagenda.com/88298/developers-camp-north-end-smart-will-make-ton-money/

And the Business Journal has a front page story on Camp NorthEnd all major business media having articles on the same day? Great PR job ATCO Properties but it is a game changing development for sure. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3