North End Projects - Camp NorthEnd, Lockwood, Greenville, Double Oaks

dubone

• 3 weeks later...

That's great, love seeing this area develop. It seems like 20 years I've been hearing about the plans for the area, but truly the work has just gotten underway and I expect lots of new things to continue. If I think about what the Music factory looks like in 2006 vs what it is today, this NorthEnd area has a lot of potential to spur on this area. I have start ups I would love to move in over there before prices get too high

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ally Bank opening innovation center in CAMP Northend  from Charlotte Agenda twitter feed

Huge news for @campnorthend: Ally Financial will create an innovation center there. 2,200 square feet of office space for UX designers, product engineers and web developers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is the Business Journal about Ally Bank's innovation center and yes it would seem to be a small team.  But this is important for Charlotte and for this project which might get the ball rolling on other Fintech tenants.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/03/26/publicly-traded-financial-services-firm-signs-on.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMTWT_CH&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5ab9190204d301195fb40bf4&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Hopefully the road realignment of N. Tryon proceedes. Dalton area really needs some cleanup. 

Construction for the N. Tryon Business Corridor plan was supposed to commence this year, January according to what I last read.  I've also heard they will be doing an overhaul of Dalton after completing the N. Tryon corridor, but I couldn't find anything about it online.

I think 1 way pairs are great personally, especially on high volume streets, as long as there are an appropriate amount of stop lights ( i.e. every major intersection and no more than 700 feet between light)

South Blvd has choked on it's own success, and a 1 way pair would really really help.....too late now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 1:49 PM, atlrvr said:

I think 1 way pairs are great personally, especially on high volume streets, as long as there are an appropriate amount of stop lights ( i.e. every major intersection and no more than 700 feet between light)

South Blvd has choked on it's own success, and a 1 way pair would really really help.....too late now.

1-way pairs have pretty significant pros and cons. My main issue with this one is that it's so short. It's going to help for the 5 blocks or so, but the rest of N Tryon still sucks.

• Like 1

• dubone changed the title to North End Projects - Camp NorthEnd, Lockwood, Greenville, Double Oaks
On 4/5/2018 at 9:10 PM, Spartan said:

They're building it now. Ride up N Tryon and look in front of the WSOC building and you can see the first part of it being built.

I just wish Charlotte would finish up some of its other projects that seem to be stuck in no-mans land.  It feels like the Graham St/Mallard Creek Rd extension and the Sugar Creek Blue Line bridge projects have been under construction for as long as I can remember.  :unsure:

• Like 1