North End Projects - Camp NorthEnd, Lockwood, Greenville, Double Oaks

dubone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Event venue coming to Camp North End.  From the Biz Journal today

""Best Impressions Caterers is expanding its footprint with a 23,000-square-foot venue at Camp North End.  The Charlotte catering firm has finalized a long-term lease for that 600-seat special-event space at 701 Keswick Ave. It will be called The Revelry North End.  The Revelry North End will highlight the building’s architecture. The design will incorporate steel, wood and brick with modern design elements. A 40-foot clerestory window will flood the space with natural light.  “We want to accentuate its industrial charm and develop something really special that you can’t find anywhere else in Charlotte,” King says.  A fall 2022 opening is targeted.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2022/01/13/charlotte-caterer-expanding.html

When I saw the name I was excited for a second that the Revelry brewery from Charleston was expanding here lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 8:22 AM, Rickybobby said:

https://charlotte.axios.com/286672/scoop-4-black-owned-restaurants-coming-to-camp-north-end-this-summer/

More expansion announcements at CampNorthEnd. Owner's of Leah & Louise are opening 4 more new concepts. 

I walk around the perimeter of CNE almost daily, been a ton of fun lately watching all the rapid change. New pedestrian street lights and trees going in around the entire 76 acres. The building where the event hosting space is going is really coming along nicely, new windows, interior walls going up, parking deck. I am still trying to confirm but I believe Saru Ramen has closed which is a bummer, that had quickly become my favorite go to lunch spot.

Ill try and do a better job of getting some progress pictures as I stroll through daily.

Saru Ramen did close. I went over last week and ran into a worker who was cleaning out the place. There's not really anyone there on weeknights to eat outside in the winter so I'm not surprised someone closed

• Like 2

17 hours ago, KCLT said:

Saru Ramen did close. I went over last week and ran into a worker who was cleaning out the place. There's not really anyone there on weeknights to eat outside in the winter so I'm not surprised someone closed

Saru closed due to family reasons from what I understand, not because of any lack of business. Things have slowed down now that we are in the middle of winter and the Van Gogh exhibit closed but I think there is still enough traffic to justify being open most weeknights if you have a good product. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rickybobby said:

Just saw this post by Ascent Real Estate, I know that residential is coming but it mentions 300 multifamily units in design phase. Anyone know where to dig up some details on this!?

Screenshot_20220208-103545.png

Knew we had something floating around in the thread.  From Oct 2020 so it could have changed since then but here's what was shared previously.

5f207b3d5782498530ab35ad_CNE_Looking-Northwest_FullBuildOut-R.png

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/43134-north-end-projects-camp-northend-lockwood-greenville-double-oaks/?do=findComment&comment=1710265

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Knew we had something floating around in the thread.  From Oct 2020 so it could have changed since then but here's what was shared previously.

5f207b3d5782498530ab35ad_CNE_Looking-Northwest_FullBuildOut-R.png

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/43134-north-end-projects-camp-northend-lockwood-greenville-double-oaks/?do=findComment&comment=1710265

Yea I looked back at and remembered this layout. Just wondering if maybe there were some new details at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...