North End Projects - Camp NorthEnd, Lockwood, Greenville, Double Oaks

dubone

• 1 month later...

On 12/20/2022 at 3:28 PM, KJHburg said:

this rezoning was approved last night and this project is 1 block north basically of northside of Camp North End.  From the Biz Journal: 

""Other zoning requests approved yesterday include:

A petition by MQC1 LLC to allow a MUDD-CD, or mixed-use development district conditional, zoning on 5.38 acres at the intersection of Arden Street and Kohler Avenue, east of Statesville Avenue and west of North Graham Street. The project will include up to 375 multifamily units and 50 single-family attached homes.""

There is a construction gate up on this location so it looks like some work may start soon.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

City seeking developers for 3 properties one near Camp North End.

The proposal and desired redevelopment of that site Double Oaks Elem. sounds reasonable and good.

As does the site on West Blvd.

However I think the proposal they are talking about for the Economy Inn site on Sugar Creek is not so good.  They are saying they want for sale affordable housing but I think a site next to 8 lane Interstate 85 is a bad idea.  I like the idea of the nonprofit turning this old motel into a transitional housing for homeless.   I think it would be better to do that at that site.

https://charlotte.axios.com/335937/city-owned-properties-new-life-development-sugar-creek-north-end-west-boulevard/

wonder how long this process will take given the Eastland timeframes?  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, KJHburg said:

20231003_103744 - Copy - Copy.jpg

20231003_105811.jpg

In a perfect world, it would be so cool to see these tracks somehow refurbished and converted to light rail that would connect to Gateway (and extend the other direction to I-85 and beyond). There's no way it's feasible, but one can dream...

Wouldn't even really be necessary if Parkwood station was accessible from here and not blocked by the massive rail yard.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Reverie39 said:

In a perfect world, it would be so cool to see these tracks somehow refurbished and converted to light rail that would connect to Gateway (and extend the other direction to I-85 and beyond). There's no way it's feasible, but one can dream...

Wouldn't even really be necessary if Parkwood station was accessible from here and not blocked by the massive rail yard.

This is part of the Red Line alignment. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...